The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Shakespeare County Raceway

GazB

Anybody going this weekend?

I'm there ready for RWYB tomorrow and SDS on Sunday, will i see any other Supra's over the weekend, come over and say hello.

You may even get a offered a drink :D

We can't be missed as my car has GazB racing on it and we are parked in the top section of the pit area :cool:

I've got some tools with me if any one needs to tinker or mend there cars.

I'm so HAPPY :D

I've run 4 sub 12 second runs today 3 being 11.6 :eyebrows:

My new pb is 11.613 with a 60ft time of 1.721 :D

The best 60ft i've managed today is 1.680 :cool:

If i can manage to get it all right tomorrow there may be a low 11 second run :)

The air is cool, track temp is still good so it's all good at Shakey :D:D:D:D

Edited by GazB (see edit history)

kinda wish i had gone now after my dismal attempt at suprapod. I still have the white number on my rear window :p

Interested to see what i make at 1.3 bar not a crappy 0.8 :(

Get yourself over here tomorrow, track doesn't open until 11 o'clock so your don't have to rush, i do think it's going to be quite busy tomorrow though as there are a few competions running and a few clubs attending.

But you could see what 1.3 feels like, but be warned

'it's additictive :D

Excellent news mate, great 60ft times now get that sig updated, good luck tomorrow.:)

The Mickeys T's are working great, warming them well :eyebrows:

After speaking with Ian at Websters i've put pressure upto 14psi as advised and they are working better.

I'm not updating sig until after tomorrow, it may be unlucky or perhaps i don't want to do it twice :innocent::D

Get yourself over here tomorrow, track doesn't open until 11 o'clock so your don't have to rush, i do think it's going to be quite busy tomorrow though as there are a few competions running and a few clubs attending.

But you could see what 1.3 feels like, but be warned

'it's additictive :D

Oh i know it is. im hooked after suprapod :p No job so i cant afford to rip this pair of tires to shreds. Which sucks :(

Well i managed to improve my time today :)

Can't get any closer to a '5' i ran a 11.600 :D

What a great weekend, no rain lots of runs yesterday and enough today.

Didn't break anything and set new PB's in my ET and 60ft times of 1.647 although my MT street radials are now slicks :blink: thats £350 worth of tyres in 2 weekend events. Perhaps less on the burn outs is what the wife suggests :innocent:

Just got back unloaded motorhome and parked the car on my driveway, put all tools, wheels etc awaay.

Now i've got to set myself a new target as my last one was to runs an 11 :cool:

Well done mate, you got the 60ft sorted now get some more boost in that car and chase the 10's:cool:

Hitting a good 60ft gave me a right buzz, you know what i mean ;)

My last run of the day was against a Roger Clarke prepped P1 :cool:

We both did 1.7 @ 60ft

I did 11.643 he did 11.782 ET

speeds were 122 &123

both looking at each other as we crossed the line

the slip said he won by 0.004 :(

his reaction time was 0.561 mine was 0.704

The best and closest race i've had in all my runs

I was talking to him after and he's running 500+ at the wheels and every bit of kit that available to the normal person.

What a great looking car it was :cool:

The boost was turned up a bit today to help it run the full quarter in 4th gear without popping ;)

Diff change soon will hopefuly help gearing.

I'm thinking of starting a new build engine for 'just in case' :eyebrows:

I've got some fuel mix to try also with will help elimiate det :eyebrows:

Don't know if i'm going to run at Japshow final, i may wait until 17/18 Oct for final round at Shakey, i'm getting a bit nerviuos about something breaking again at the end of the year. I just been through that, as last year ended with broken clutch then verything else that happened to the car :rolleyes:

Wont be getting into the 10's if your worried about breaking something ;) Great times Gaz, may well be joining you the weekend of the 17/18 if im not working as I cant make jap show final now :(

That's why i've got the trailer :eyebrows:

The only way to drag race is 'Drive it like you stole it' :D

Good vids :cool:

The last one against the Prelude has got my wife and grandaughter :)

At the end of the run facing towards the camera videoing my run :cool:

My video was a bit shakey as she was zoomed in trying to get footage of weight transfer on launch and pooping at top of track with my grandaughter keep shouting "Grandad" at the top of her voice :D