The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Scam....?

CarlT67

My car is for sale, and on pistonheads I recieved this email. Does this look like a scam to you guys...?

Also its only up for £6250 not £7000, but i'll accept £7000:d

here is the email text

Good evening

I saw your posting I am interested in your toyota supra

I am French.

if the car is still available?

I am ready to buy Sunday, September 6

I have £ 7,000 cash money.

I have directly with the Dover ferry.

is whether you would be available on Sunday to buy your supra?

I give you my e-mail

laurent.scheidenrecht @ wanadoo.fr

my mobile number

06 69 39 15 19

Coordialement laurent

Bonsoir

My Phone No: 0669391519

The car is a J spec too, which is odd because IIRC you can only register a UK or Euro spec on the road in France?

That was it, I thought there was something with Euro spec cars, just had a look in the sig and it is a Jspec isn't it...

Over the top offer, seems to good to be true, probably is...

He has emailed me asking for further pictures of the damaged bits, and the engine. Also he has sent me pictures of the money he has in cash for the car. These cant be fake as the pictures he chose as such bad quality and blurry, if you were trying to fool someone you'd use half decent pictures.

Also he now wants me to travel down to dover to meet him, I said I am ok with this as long as he sends me £100 paypal to cover traveling costs if he doesn't turn up.

ive heard about scams where they come with a few people and when your at the docks they steal it from you, do you over, and take it abroad and your fucked! be careful take a couple of friends with you!

I can't see that happening when you have time to get the Police involved before the boat sets sail...:blink:

Unless they are going to tie you and risk going to jail for kidnapping for the sake of a 7k car.??

H.

Am Working Tomorrow at 14oohrs and could even bring a bank note checker/UV light thingy if your worried about fake notes etc. No worries if not, just here to help if need be ;)

Thanks very much, please pm me your number so I can give you a ring or something if I need your help.

Well he has sent me the money via paypal for me to travel down to meet him in dover. I have no idea where abouts in dover but he said he will ring me when he gets there. I think this could turnout to be a nightmare lol

Anyone on here speak good french and could act as a phone translator person for me....?