The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Drifting - Come & have a go

Guest cptsideways

Guest cptsideways

Hi Guys,

Drifting Club for southerners!,

I've set up a new UK Drift Club, simply because no one else was organising one & I wanted somewhere to drift all day in safety. http://www.conedodgers.co.uk

Anyway I have venues booked at Andover & Bordon, both are huge open tarmac areas & will feature coned drifting & slalom courses. It'd be ideal for anyone who wants to try it out, it's all very safe nothing to hit & run on a sprint format.

We even have a tyre man booked who can supply cheap part worn tyres even large 18" sizes.

I assume there are quite a few of you who think this looks like fun, well it is, you'll learn heaps about car control & you can turn the TC button off all day, it's all about getting it sideways.

Costs are £60 per car & £15 per additional driver.

Dates so far are:

Monday 26th April Andover

Sunday 9th May Bordon

Friday 9th July Andover

Sunday 15th August Andover

If any of the members want to form a drifting group I'm all ears, as I've set this up on a club basis it can be quite low cost if we have enough members. My number is on the website if anyone wants to give me a ring.

PS First event will have some serious rally car machinery with drivers who want to learn to drift, bring your earplugs!

Guest cptsideways
Originally posted by TDRAPER

Is the supra any good for drifting? i've seen plenty of clips with s13's/14's, skylines and rx's but i've never seen a supra drifting.

Is the pope catholic?

Yes is the answer

enthusiasm + big sweepy bends + power + plus RWD + LSD + part worn tyres = lots of opposite lock, heaps of mucho fun, rain or dry.

Do you have Traction control? if so you won't be needing it for drifting

If you don't leave with a grin the size of your rear tyres I'll eat my socks........

Guest cptsideways
Originally posted by Bobbeh

I went along to the D1 drift championship at Silverstone, that was cool, 30 competeing cars although 25 or so were S13/14/15's.

Once they got going tho it was great to watch and a couple of the S14's looked lovely.

I don't suppose you took any pics did you? or video?........

I'm interested in doing this, but unfortunately Monday 26th April is a bit soon as I'm buying a S13 200sx this week and it will need to be serviced and prepared first.

How big is the circuit area in Bordon, and are there any spaces free for Sunday 9th May?

Cheers,

James.

Guest cptsideways

There are spaces on both dates, but the Bournemouth District Motor club may well be sending a few (lots) of their members along for the 9th of may, as they have lost a few venues recently, so may I suggest to get an entry in quick for 9th May. Other dates all have free spaces.

The Venue at Bordon is smaller than Andover but still big enough, a few motor clubs run sprints there.

You'd be surprised just how good bog standard S13's are....

• 3 weeks later...
Guest MarkH
Originally posted by TDRAPER

Is the supra any good for drifting? i've seen plenty of clips with s13's/14's, skylines and rx's but i've never seen a supra drifting.

A manual definitely is.

I went to the Conedodgers day at Bordon yesterday. It was the first time I'd tried drifting but after getting some tips from a few of the people there and a bit of practice on the slalom course I soon started to get the hang of it.

The drift course was lots of fun - think my expression must have been a manic grin the whole time I was on it. :D

I'd definitely recommend going on one of these days - cheaper than a trackday and just as much (if not more) fun and it's run really well by Declan (cptsideways) and the other guys.

Mark

Black UK Manual