The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Flew through the MOT...!!

Havard

Well pleased after the disaster last year..!! We missed JAE 2008as the car needed a new ball joint which took 2 weeks to get sorted and needed to be cut free from the car as the bolts were seized solid!!

We've have really gambled with JAE again and left it to the last minute to get the car tested. Mrs H had to take the car as I can't drive for a few weeks. (Have I mentioned by ankle..??:D)

I rang up this afternoon expecting the worst but I was told that it had gone straight through without even any advisories. It's the third MOT it's had since I got it and it's the second with flying colours. In fairness the ball joint was the only failure last year too.

I will be getting the car ready for sale with a full mop and valet in the coming weeks but I am unsure whether to sell it OR get a TT/Single first then let it go. This car has been brilliant and although I have gone apeshit when it has had a problem, it's been the timing of the problem as opposed to the car letting me down.

Thats all.

H.

I like your car (i have a thing for stock body white supras at the min:cool:) it looks mint and have you thought of just dropping a TT6 running gear in it?

I have thought about it but the costs don't weigh up. I would want to upgrade the brakes, TT conversion + gearbox and we must be getting near 8K ish, plus the 5K I paid for it.

Paul Whiffin has that blue single up for £11.5K at the moment and that needs nothing really. To get my NA into the 500hp bracket will be too costly I expect.

H.