The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fast & Furious Replica (Orange Supra)

pbryant_knight

HI All,

I have decided to do a "The Fast & The Furious" replica of the orange Supra.

Is anyone on here doing/done the same?

The car already has the corrct rear spats and side skirts but lacks the correct front bumper.

I have seen the Bumper on e-bay (replica) for £180 and i believe it is a bomex bumper? does this sound about right (Veilside skirts and Bomex bumper).

Also, the Bonnet in the film had the vents cut into it? was this a custom cut or can you buy these hoods with the vents cut into it? Aslo, what stops water leaking through these vents and damaging the engine?

Finally, what type of wheels are they in the film?

Any help now, and throughout my conversion, would be greatly appreciated.

Here are some pics of how the car looks now

Cheers

Peter

Supra 1.jpg

Supra 2.jpg

Supra 3.jpg

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HI All,

I have decided to do a "The Fast & The Furious" replica of the orange Supra.

Is anyone on here doing/done the same?

Highly unlikely :p

the wheels were discontinued which was a shame as I really liked them and they suited it well,

the bonnet was a TRD one or maybe a replica.

Loads of info out there no dought of what the actual car had

Thanks for the replies.

I'm doing it mainly because i'm a sad movie buff. I already have a near complete Knightrider conversion (full digital dash and all) and i always liked the look of this F&F Supra. I've also wanted a Supra or a Nissan 300zx as a daily driver for a long time, so when this one came up at an ok price i thought......what the hell!!

As for the colour it is now........well.........IT'S PINK!!!

It used to belong to a girl called Sarah Jane and it even has a tax disc holder that says "Sexy Chick" lol.

As for the fact it's an Aerotop, i know this, but i have an interesting idea for that ;)

Peter

Copy/pasted.

Fast and the Furious Hollywood Supra

*** BUILDING A REPLICA WILL COST $75000+ SO DON'T ASK UNLESS YOU HAVE THE MONEY ***

1994 700HP Single Turbo Toyota Supra - 6 Speed

You can read all the particulars below, but first let me wax eloquently in regards to this RARE car. At SupraStore.com we understand Supra's and their value better than anyone in the World. This is why the worlds most incredible Supra's are listed for sale here. When Universal Pictures required an incredible looking (WILD is what they asked for) engine to be used for scenes in the movie, who do you think they came to? You are right, they came to SupraStore.com. We provided the mock-up red motor that you will see in the movie. When Craig Lieberman wanted to sell this incredible car, which appears in the same Universal Pictures movie, who do you think he came to? Yes, SupraStore.com.

The Supra is an interesting breed of car, capable of incredible performance (handling, hp, torque), and with a very unique look. The resale market for Supra's is incredible!! Every day we have people looking for these cars. Take a look at this car from the upcoming movie, "The Fast and the Furious". In it's modified form it has over 700hp and is as faster than any production car in the world (and yes, it would give a McLaren F1 a run for it's money). This car has Lexus reliability and robustness (can be a daily-driver, but who would?), Viper GTS destroying power delivery and torches the skidpad with a 1.0+ G's performance on street tires. It has all the creature comforts, including air conditioning, cruise control, and power everything. As the owner of SupraStore.com and driver of a 800HP Supra (w/competition stereo), I understand quality. This car is quality from top to bottom.

Sincerely. Mark Tozer - Founder SupraStore.com

Car Details:

Owned by Craig Lieberman Director of N.I.R.A. Import Drag Racing Series

ENGINE/PERFORMANCE: Turbonetics T-66 ball bearing turbo, Q-trim compressor, built by Performance Factory

Turbonetics Delta II Wastegate

RPS Stainless steel/HTC coated custom header

100 HP Nitrous Oxide System, by NOS

AEBS Turbo Downpipe

Greddy front mount intercooler

Greddy Power Extreme exhaust system

Greddy Pro-Fec B Boost Controller

Greddy Power Pulleys

Greddy Oil Cooler Kit

Greddy Turbo Timer

Greddy Boost, EGT, Oil Pressure and Water Temp gauges

Greddy Airinx Intake

Greddy steering wheel-mounted boost remote control

Greddy Cam Gears

APEXi Blowoff valve

HKS Vein Pressure Converter

HKS Graphic Control Computer

HKS Injector Pulse Monitor

G-Force Engineering Racing ROM

Hose Techniques Silicone hose kit

Clutchmasters Stage III Racing Clutch

Clutchmasters 11 lb. Billet Flywheel

Powerhouse Racing ported/polished throttle body (traction control delete)

Powerhouse Racing cylinder head work (port/polish)

STYLING:

Lamborghini Diablo Candy Pearl Orange Paint, by Quigley’s in Lake Forest, Ca.

Bomex Front spoiler

Bomex side/rear skirts

TRD Composite Hood

APR Aluminum bi-plane rear wing

TIRES:

Yokohama AVS S1 285/30 and 255/35/19 (nineteen’s!!)

WHEELS:

Dazz/Racing Hart M5 Tuners, 19 incher’s

BRAKES:

Stillen/AP Racing 14” front racing brakes, 6 piston caliper, w/slotted/drilled rotors

INTERIOR:

Stitchcraft Viper blue suede upholstery

Brand NEW!! Sparco Pista Racing seats (15lbs.), custom matching fabric w/harness holes Carbon-fiber dashtrim by Trimmasters

MFS Custom built roll cage

Sparco Steering Wheel

Sparco Harnesses

SUSPENSION

Eibach coil-over suspension

Eibach sway bars

Energy Suspension urethane bushings all around

TRANSMISSION:

Gertrag Six-Speed gearbox with Stillway sequential adapter

AUDIO/VIDEO:

Clarion VRX8271 in dash TV/CD Changer controller, remote controlled

Clarion VMA6481 6” wide screen 2nd TV monitor in passenger airbag

Clarion VMA9181 5.5” 3rd TV monitor in trunk area

Clarion DSP9300 Digital Sound Processor, parametric EQ/Surround sound

Clarion CDC 635 CD Changer

Clarion SRS 1691 6 ½” separates

Image Dynamics 6” separates

2 Image Dynamics 12” woofers

2 Phaze Audio TD1500 Tube Driver amplifiers

1 Phaze Audio TD475 Tube Driver amplifier

Sony Playstation 1

Sony Playstation 2/DVD

Custom built electric-blue neon tubes for sound system back-lighting

Minolta 6450 VHS-C Camcorder

System design and fabrication by: Audio Options, Torrance, Ca 310-763-6008

History

The current owner purchased this 1994 Toyota Supra in 1998 with 54,000 miles on the clock. Previously owned by a business-man, the car was totally unmodified when sold to the current owner. However, that was soon to change.

Immediately upon acquisition, the car underwent a host of modifications in the interest of using the car for advertising and promotion. Companies such as Greddy, Eibach, Stillen, Clarion and NOS were all participants in this project. The first round of modifications included new candy yellow paint, 18” wheels/tires, a mild sound system upgrade and some body kit components, plus engine detailing. The car then toured the show circuit, doing quite well. At least 6 major magazine features were done on the car.

Over that winter, the car underwent its’ next round of modifications. The Supra was treated to a custom spec T-66 turbo, done by Vinny Ten, owner of the world’s fastest Supra. Nitrous Oxide Systems installed a custom NOS system, Greddy installed some of their trick components and Stillen installed their Formula 1 AP Racing brakes. Custom interior touches were added as well as a new audio/video system comprised of three TV monitors, a VCR, a DVD, Playstation and custom neon glasswork, courtesy of Audio Options. The engine was completely detailed, chromed and polished. All of the performance modifications received inspection and final tuning by a Toyota-Engineer specializing in Supra Turbo engines and performance applications.

The car then competed in the First Annual “Ultimate Street Car Challenge,” a grueling drag race, auto cross and car show, all in one weekend. The car took 1st Place Overall. The car also began to tour the show circuit for the balance of 1999. Its’ crowning achievement was the receipt of the prestigious “Meguiar’s Hottest Car of the Year” award in 1999. The car also won Best of Show in numerous events around the country, scored several first place finishes and has even received features on KABC and KTLA local news broadcasts. But the best was yet to come.

In the Spring of 2000, the car was spotted by recruiters for Universal Pictures and was selected to be the primary car for the upcoming blockbuster, “The Fast and the Furious.” Universal rented the car and began to alter its’ appearance to for an even more aggressive look. Lamborghini orange paint was applied (the only car in the movie to receive an actual high-quality paint job), as was a new Bomex body kit (the first of its’ kind, imported from Japan). New 19” wheels were added, as well as a new rear wing, a new TRD hood and some one-off Troy Lee graphics. The studio then set out to build 5 cosmetic replicas, shown in various stages of completion, all designed to replicate this original. All replicas were destroyed during the filming of the movie.

This Supra is the primary car in the movie….the script is virtually built around the car. This particular car was driven by one of the stars, Paul Walker and was used for all the glamour and close-up shots.

Upon completion of the motion picture, the car was returned to the owner with no damage, having been carefully protected by the film’s Transportation Managers. Numerous 8” x 10” photos were provided to the owner showing the car in action during the movie, as was a host of other souvenirs. The owner also served as Technical Advisor on the picture and provided dialog assistance for the script.

The car is scheduled to appear at the Hollywood Premier, set for early Summer and at a Press Junket for broadcast media in early March. In the interim, the car is touring the show circuit on behalf of Universal Pictures to promote the movie.

The car has been carefully prepared, serviced and maintained throughout the last two years and while making its’ show appearances. It is sure to be a collector’s item, with its’ value placed at over $150,000.

The car currently is actually driven and it has almost 60,000 miles on it and still retains the A/C, tilt, cruise and full amenities. It has always been garaged, is hand polished weekly and is totally reliable. It is never raced or abused. Careful attention was paid to every detail so as to ensure the utmost reliability and driveability.

Good luck Peter.

I think the car looks great but it has done many times before.

The car is ideal for shooting down a sunny highway racing a Ferrari 355 but it looks really chav and tacky pulled up at the lights on a miserable afternoon in Birmingham.....:tongue:

This will cost a lot of money and in the end you will not get a true replica IMO. Better to go upstairs and flush 10K down the bog??;)

H.

Well, the consesus here is......Supra = Good...........F&F Orange with graphics plastered all over it = Bad lol.

I hear what you are all saying and i take all your points on board.

The paint job at the minute is somewhat shabby (and pink) so it Definately needs that doing.

I've sort of got my mind set on doing this (for some bizzare reason), but unlike my KITT, it's not going to be a true replica.

I'm looking to getting the external of the car looking so that to anyone other than a Supra fan on this forum, it'll look pretty close to the original from the film. The interia will come next and finally, a few engine mods (but i'm not gonna go crazy). This will all be done over a period of time since i'm not super rich.(starting with the paint job)

The current engine is a 3L non-turbo

Peter

Im not to sure on this but I am sure that the rear end was not only spats on the film car as i'm sure that they custom made a splitter also, and imop they wrecked the aero in the film. A nice paint job on a car fare enough but to put decals up the side and fit neons. But thats hollywood for you