The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hodge's (The Kraken) Supra build

hodge

Hey guys and girls.

Ive had alot of interest in this new supra build and ive been asked to document it as a project thread so here goes.

Its going to be a long 1.

Please accept my appologies for and poor quality pics and spelling mistakes;)

Heres a few pics of the car as itwas when I bought it.

Its a 1995 N reg N/A aerotop 80000 miles.

I bought an N/A at the engine bay is missing a few things such as the ugly ABS pump, relay box box etc.

Once the engine goes in ideally im wanting a minimul engine bay with all the wiring and pipework hidden etc. All I want is an engine, turbo and intake on show. Not sure how far i can actually go and how long its gona take but ive got nothing but time lol.

The plan WAS in a couple of month i was gona start stripping the engine out 1st and go from there. BUT my O.C.D was unfortunatly on overtime with the interior. As everything on the car was standard apart from the wheels you all know how iritating the rubber covered dash is. So it all had to be taken off for my own sanity really.

The dash started like this.

After a large bottle of celulose thinners later all the rubber came off leaving a nice shiney finish. I decided not to paint it until I get my DASH2 display and ill paint it all at once saves doing it twice.:cool:

This shows the difference between the rubber finish and and some care and attention with the thinners and abit of cockpit shine.

Heres the dash finished and refitted.

Whilst the dash was out i changed the clocks as it still had the 110mph clocked fitted. I stuck in a speedo converter and a delimiter aswell.

I changed the carpet aswell while i was on. I had a genuine black carpet in the shed so I swapped it for the grey 1.

also the roof lining was changed for a black 1 as I want the whole interior very dark apart from the dash lights etc.

Ive got a set of Recaro speed seats (Thanks to Nizam) being retrimmed in smooth black raven leather from a local upolsters and a set of bride subframes from Whifbitz.

Edited by hodge (see edit history)

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looks like a mighty clean Supe to start with, looking forward to watching this develop.

Remember that shiny 4" inlet pipe you gave me? You can have it if you want, I found a 4" one with a better angle & no ports to block up

talk about ungreatful LOL.

Nah I don't need it jay pass on the club spirit to another member matey.

Been a busy bunny today. I gave the garage a good clean out and swilled the floor to get all the dirt and dust out before the onslaught then me and number 1 son decided to get stuck into the coilovers. What a nightmare they were. The back wasnt too bad but OMG whats the front all about. Trying to get the stock suspension out was ridiculous. We got it in the end though. Although I think we got a little carried away with the lowering. I recon its gona have to be raised atleast 10mm all round as its catching the front arch liner. Anyways heres some piccys for you all. yet again there with my phone so sorry for the poor quality:innocent:

looking good mate have you taken it for a test run for ground clearence

Yeah and its vertually sitting on the inner arch. Ill need to get all the cambers and Toes etc set to really notice a difference id have thought though.

:D, truly pimped :D

West Coast Customs Styleeeeeeee lmao.

Slammed, needs a bit more than 10mm:d

Think you might be right jamie maybe 20mm;)

I know you are thinking TRD kit but have a look at Nur motorsports carbon wide arch kit, Noels car is stunning, they make any and everything in house, i will ask Noel for some full size finished pics.:)

http://www.nur-motorsport.co.uk/carbon_toyotaSUPRA.htm

Ive got my heart set on a TRD kit jamie. I saw a white aero on SF and loved it but odviously ill have to make mine better than that one;)

In a total monent of insanity ive just ordered a set of monster D2 brakes 8 pot calipers and 356mm discs. I figured I was going to need something to stop the bloody thing when it does 10.89 sec quarter miles :p

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320411507177&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Errrrrrrrrrrrr.........yeah. I think you're right in saying it needs raising [sHOCK][/sHOCK]

Really can't wait to see this taking shape over the coming months - better than a good book! Kinda nice to know its close by too :)

your welcome to call over anytime Stevo and have a peep although theres not alot to see at the min. Things will start getting exciting after xmas I recon.

In a total monent of insanity ive just ordered a set of monster D2 brakes 8 pot calipers and 356mm discs. I figured I was going to need something to stop the bloody thing when it does 10.89 sec quarter miles :p

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320411507177&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Jeeeesus Hodge, you don't hang about do you? :blink:

Im trying to plan stuff sensibly and buy stuff as and when needed but unfortunatly I keep finding bargains that I cant resist.

I think my Budget is gona be around 25 grand with what ive saved and what I sold my previous supra for but its already looking im gona go about 10k over budget, so hence the bargain hunting. Its gona get worse the more the car develops.

Picked up my recaros from the trimmers today. Ive had them recovered in a black smooth raven leather. Im really pleased with the results the leather is very soft and extreamly thick.

Just waiting for my subframes from Paul at Whifbitz to arrive.

I was gona raise the car a little today but unfortunatly lazyness and rain stopped play. Ive ordered a set of front drop links from Mr. T so when I change those ill raise the car abit.

Ill be doing a big single swap with a 6 speed conversion. looking in somewhere in the region of 700bhp I hope. Anything more than that the car will just end up undrivable on public roads and I want to enjoy it.

Ive already earmarked some bits for the build shch as a genuine veilside intake, throttle body and fuel rail greddy 4 row intercooler and a few other snazzy bits.

i wouldnt say a winter project id say more of a years project as I say if funds permit.

I know you are thinking TRD kit but have a look at Nur motorsports carbon wide arch kit, Noels car is stunning, they make any and everything in house, i will ask Noel for some full size finished pics.:)

http://www.nur-motorsport.co.uk/carbon_toyotaSUPRA.htm

The NUR Skyline is a serious bit of kit, I've had an extensive look around it and the workmanship is excellent.

your welcome to call over anytime Stevo and have a peep although theres not alot to see at the min. Things will start getting exciting after xmas I recon.

Cheers mate - might just take you up on that sometime later in the year.

If you need an extra pair of hands for any menial tasks just drop me a line - my technical knowledge ain't great but I'd love to watch and learn.

150000 yen works out to be almost a grand. Thats alot of for a TRD bonnet.

well about7pm tonight I got a sudden burst of energy and decided to sort the suspension out. 45 mins later id raised all 4 corners by 20mm. It sits very nice now and I can actually get it off the drive lol. Ill get some pics up when its light.

Also got a email today letting me know my brakes have been dispatched, not bad seems I only ordered them at 9pm last night lol.

More piccys to come.