The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Seats -- FK Automotive

Jellybean

Anybody have any experiance with FK Automotive in Germany, the seats look nice for a resonable price (500 euro for a pair), I presume these are the Halfords of Germany

http://www.fk-automotive.de/$WS/fk-automotive/websale7_shop-fk-automotive/produkte/medien/bilder/gross/fkxlse023.jpg

http://www.fk-automotive.de/websale7/Streetfighter.htm?shopid=fk-automotive&subshopid=English&act=category&cat_index=265-2834

Are they leather? they look plastic in the pic.

it says leather but for that price I suspect PVC, but the Cloth seats would be a safe bet

They look very similar to Sparco Milano's but at a 1/5 of the price, seems too good to be true.

You really would need to see them in the flesh but they look nice in the pics

it says leather but for that price I suspect PVC, but the Cloth seats would be a safe bet

They look very similar to Sparco Milano's but at a 1/5 of the price, seems too good to be true.

Quality seats are more like £1k upwards each so only time would tell if these were a bargin or no.t

I'd guess they have to meet some kind of safety approval so they must pass a certain strength test ??

Whats this simlar seats or the brand name seats

All these seats are made in Asia, just the name on the tag that reflects the price.

Tag heuer watches have citizen parts but a citizen watch is half the price

Though I would like to see the quality before I bought and I would like a branded name seat plus a Tag heuer watch

Damn it, the marketing propaganda has worked

Personally i think the Bride seats are the best seats but that my opinion

+1. They are arguably the best looking aftermarket seats imo.

Bride > Recaros > Sparco > Corbeau > Stock

They are all decent seats mind, just my opinion.

SOLD: I do like the Bride logo and they are carbon too :p

Be wary you need to be relatively slim to get in brides though. Certainly not designed for fatties :D

Try Ibrar if you like the Brides, he used to be a recomended supplier for their wheels so might get you a better deal ?? Sorry mate ignore that they were Braid wheels not bride lol

I'd have to sit in one before i'd part with my money, nothing worse than a seat you dont fit in nicely

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

Try Ibrar if you like the Brides, he used to be a recomended supplier for their wheels so might get you a better deal ??

I'd have to sit in one before i'd part with my money, nothing worse than a seat you dont fit in nicely

Actually sat in a Bride Gias at floor level, would really like a drive sitting in one to really get the feel but as you know they are $$ and nobody has them. They are tight and I will do a better analysis when I have cash in hand but they are great looking

The Bride Seats I am getting are 950 euro a pair New (cant justify 4K euro :taped:), went to look at them in the flesh and I could not believe how flawless they where. You could not tell the difference between pic and build quality ,carbon weave was excellent. You can pic up the seat with one hand, some serious weight saving

Actually sat in a Bride Gias at floor level, would really like a drive sitting in one to really get the feel but as you know they are $$ and nobody has them. They are tight and I will do a better analysis when I have cash in hand but they are great looking

The Bride Seats I am getting are 950 euro a pair New (cant justify 4K euro :taped:), went to look at them in the flesh and I could not believe how flawless they where. You could not tell the difference between pic and build quality ,carbon weave was excellent. You can pic up the seat with one hand, some serious weight saving

Where are you getting them for that price? :)

That's very cheap for a pair new.

Where are you getting them for that price? :)

That's very cheap for a pair new.

Place here in Ireland, the guy who owns it is Japanese so I guess he knows all the wheelers and dealers

RedPower in duleek Meath Ireland, unfortunetly they dont have a website but other car forums have done group buys with him. He just goes around the car shows and distributes flyers

I also found a company called BDK Carbon, i suspect is where he is getting them but he can get all Bride models and he had Recaro's DC5 integra TypeR too

http://www.bdkcarbon.com/information.asp?ProId=421

I am sure someone could retrim that area in black very cheaply. Ask Jurgen or Gibson trimmings on here.

Was thinking of the retrimming route, I know you can purchase the Bride fabric but not too sure who in Ireland to trust, last thing I want is to mess up the seat cushion

Abit wary of sending to the UK, afraid they would get lost in the post

Where would u get them if they did

Did I also mention u get universal rails too, but measured them up and the wholes are 1-2cm out but they dont have the seat belt bracket so you would need to get Bride ones