The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Been to view a Supra today

Spike3.0

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1214981.htm

Has anyone on here had a look at this car ?

I went today and was gutted to find the bodywork needed alot of tlc and the heaters were all dead - might have been a big heater matrix problem so I walked away [sHOCK][/sHOCK]

Just wondering how many other people might have found out the hard way, took me ages to sort the funds out and get there !

Moan !

Ps, anyone want to sell me their N/A cheap :search:

Edited by Spike3.0 (see edit history)

If the bodywork is poor and needs paint then it was probably right to walk away. It does look rather tired and tatty in the pics, but might have been worth throwing a cheeky offer at the seller.

Heater could be matrix but more likely an electrical issue if the buttons were not working as well. usually a simple fix. When the matrix is shot the passenger floor is normally full of water ;)

What's your budget?

There are some peaches of N/As that come up for sale on here from time to time (even mine for the right price)

Whats yours?

Its upto £2.5k at the min, might save a while longer and get a nice example...

I didnt want to chance the heater being knackered as it costs mega ££££s

He wouldn't take any offers either.

Plenty more Supra's around though;)

Just wondering how many other people might have found out the hard way, took me ages to sort the funds out and get there !

Moan !

Ps, anyone want to sell me their N/A cheap :search:

You really need to get another £1k together before you'll be in the bracket of a half decent n/a, but i'm totally miffed to why you went to view this one in the first place? :blink: I know it's fairly cheap but it looks like a total dog and also that you seemed suprised that the bodywork would need a lot of tlc?, just look at it, there's paint peeling from the front bumper and the car's not even clean so it's clear its not been looked after ;)

This made me laugh though, the guy selling says "The Supra is stunning!" doesnt actually mention that his one is though :D,lol

You may find a bargin car somewhere but this one was only ever going to be crap :D

Dave k's in the for sale section is stunning, i'd say get a loan and buy that one, and I did spot a nice facelift auto n/a on the trader the other day which was under 3k iirc

Keep looking and stop being tight! :D a cheap shitter will only cost you more in the future anyway,and if you can't stretch to 3-4k you'll be struggling the maintain the running costs of the car so it might be worth considering something else instead for the time being? :)

sorry to be harsh

Edited by Tom (see edit history)

A mate picked up a nice NA 5spd for £2k of Jody T last month. It wasn't perfect (front discs warped and rear tyre's were illegal) but hasn't missed a beat since. Good cars (or ones fairly close to them) *can* be had for a decent price, just have to be quick with the money!

A mate picked up a nice NA 5spd for £2k of Jody T last month. It wasn't perfect (front discs warped and rear tyre's were illegal) but hasn't missed a beat since. Good cars (or ones fairly close to them) *can* be had for a decent price, just have to be quick with the money!

Thats what I was hoping with this one, I don' care about the bodywork being a little in need of care...they are getting old now.

But £3-£4k is expensive when looking at most N/A's now.

I've been a member of here for 2 years and I've seen some right bargains and now I hope to find one myself :cool:

Thinking the same.

Cheers[/quote

No disrespect Spike but with such a low budget, how will you pay for the day to day running of a Supe.

Save a bit and get a better car..!!

H.

Just because I don't want to spend loads on the car doesn't mean I'm a gypo :rolleyes:

I've seen some good Supra's go for £2-£3k so I not bothered about turning away from the crap ones

Il show you:search:

Thinking the same.

Cheers[/quote

No disrespect Spike but with such a low budget, how will you pay for the day to day running of a Supe.

Save a bit and get a better car..!!

H.

good advice.........but when you want one...........YOU WANT ONE!

we (he!) wrote his off in may and insurance money started to dwindle (as it does!)....so bought current, wasnt the ideal (last one was an aerotop) was either spend on the best we could find.....or save for years from scratch again?

we spent! :p

yeh it may not be the best example of a supra!! but its ours and we can try and make the best of it and move on and up!

(or maybe we should just learn to save!!)

Just because I don't want to spend loads on the car doesn't mean I'm a gypo :rolleyes:

I've seen some good Supra's go for £2-£3k so I not bothered about turning away from the crap ones

Il show you:search:

I said, no disrespect first....:D

I have learned that it's better to get a solid car for initially the start throwing cash at it later. Unless you are really handy with cars etc.

Oh and do ya like dags??:D

H.

Just keep looking, something will come up for sure but try to increase your budget to at least £3k to give yourself a bit more of a field to play in.

Sound advice - took me 18 months to find the car for me. You've been a member for a while though i notice. How many have you viewed so far?

Whats yours?

Its upto £2.5k at the min, might save a while longer and get a nice example...

He wouldn't take any offers either.

Plenty more Supra's around though;)

Mine is a '94 SZ-R (as per my signature), some pictures here

I couldn't let it go for anything less than £5k as it really is a nice example.

As has been said you could do with saving up a bit more and getting something you'll be happy with. Otherwise it's false economy as you will spend more in the long run.

The one I did cost me less than £100. I got a radiator place to recore the (very) leaking heater matrix and refitted it myself.

It's not a fun job but there's nothing technical about it and no reason it should cost a lot of money - unless you insist on buying a brand new matrix from Toyota parts dept.