The mkiv Supra Owners Club

1400bhp Skyline@Irish Drag Champs Bishopscourt 13 September

Darragh

im posting this on behave of wayne from sideways racing

title edited thanks very much :)

Hey guys, thought you would be interested to know the details of this upcoming event:

The FASTEST 4WD CAR IN EUROPE will battle against top Irish contenders for the overall title of Irish Open Champion.

This video demonstrates what we can expect to see when Mick Begley rolls into Bishops Court on 13th SEPT. The car in the right lane is a true 10 sec car. Check this out: :eek:

This event also includes Round 7 of the Irish Drag Championship series, including prizes for the individual Classes.

I intend to allocate space so that the top contenders for the championship can all be parked together. This will benefit the spectators who will want to see these machines up close and compare them during the pit walk. This in turn will benefit the sponsors, help draw in potential new sponsors and also add to the competitiveness and comaraderie in the same stroke.

The Gaijin will obviously be the top attraction, but rivalling him for speed will be the HOLESHOT RACING TEAM who will be bringing a collection of 2 & 4 wheel machinery: http://www.holeshot-racing.co.uk/

Tuners & Traders should make their interest known to me and I will accommodate you as best I can. Contact me soon though

DRAG BURNOUT COMPETITION

This will be the Half-Time entertainment

Longest burnout wins. Burnout will have to be smoke-inducing, not just spinning the wheels a bit.

Car must be rolling at all times (to protect track surface)

We will then have a BURN-OFF with the top 2 drivers side by side down the strip

Open to all cars entered in the Drag racing on the day.

Trophy & £££ to the winner!

There's a S14A with a rumoured 600 Bhp. Rumour is also the driver can skid a bit. He'd be a contender in this for sure!

Also, if you guys bring up a banner(s) I will have them hung in a prominent position.

I'll need them early as poss on the day or before it though.

As far as I'm concerned a big line of 's would be a cool thing for spectators to see. It'd take for you guys to co-ordinate things at your end, regarding how many spaces you would need but if yiz would like SUPRA ONLY PARKING then I'll do my best to accommodate you.

If I've missed anything out here, just gimme a bell on 0044 7791 976672. Cheers, Wayne

Edited by Darragh (see edit history)

there is a guy live near me has a super quick R33 skyline, I wonder if he is going. It should give that a run for it money if he has the rebuild finished. It was at 1000bhp before he went for the last upgrade. I have never seen it going but have been told by a good friend it would scare the **** out of you.

ive been doing these drag events with sideways racing for the last 5 years and they are great craic and well run, and everytime a new event like this comes up all the top tuners in northern ireland are out to play there is a couple of 10 sec cars already including one 9 sec ford granada but he never brings it out to play lol

Hi Darragh,

do you mind if I give the drag racing a mention in my Motoring column in the Daily Mirror. It comes out every Friday and I list up and coming events going on in Northern Ireland. I might even alocate a story in the coming weeks or wait until the event has happended and give it a bit of a review the week after that way i can get pix.

I will let you know when I have a better idea of how much space I'll have. I did plug the Supra/Skyline weekend and also did a bit of a story on it too so it would be nice to have this mentioned as it is in the North.

Hope that's ok with you, can let me know as I might give it a mention this week if I have time.

thanks

Daz

Hi Darragh,

do you mind if I give the drag racing a mention in my Motoring column in the Daily Mirror. It comes out every Friday and I list up and coming events going on in Northern Ireland. I might even alocate a story in the coming weeks or wait until the event has happended and give it a bit of a review the week after that way i can get pix.

I will let you know when I have a better idea of how much space I'll have. I did plug the Supra/Skyline weekend and also did a bit of a story on it too so it would be nice to have this mentioned as it is in the North.

Hope that's ok with you, can let me know as I might give it a mention this week if I have time.

thanks

Daz

thats not a problem mate although im not running it just attending to see what damage i can do to my auto box lol o and beat all the hondas that beat me the last time when my turbos expired lol why not contact wayne owens on the number at the bottom of the add he would love the publicity :D

@gavin just run her and see can you iron out the faults (ps i want a run against you lol)

• 2 weeks later...

this event was great craic the first time ina long time the northern supras came together bare in mind there was only ten plus gavins lexus it was still great craic, all the supras were running well and i even went onto win the burnout compitition, me and marty (bondango) just sat on the line smoking the rear tyres and cause i done a rolling burnout i won yeehaa

nice to see ernies skyline my lord can that thing move

Yep this was a brilliant day, even my wife enjoyed it, wish I could of stayed a bit longer, sorry I missed you burnout Darragh, but I had to go early cause my one-year-old needed to sleep and that wasn't possible with the Gaijin letting rip down the strip.

I'm iving the drag racing a really good show this Friday in the Daily Mirror. I've managed to dedicate almost a full page to the event. I'll post up a pdf of the page when I finished with it tomorrow.

PS Darragh I might even be able to squeeze in a pix of you and your trophy and I'm sure you'll get a mention for winning the burnout comp.

good man pity you didnt see the burnout it consisted of me and marty (bondango) i won because i launched of the line with the wheels still smoking lol

heres me

http://www.sideways-racing.com/gallery/albums/swrc/09%20Sept%20Drag%20BC%20Begley/normal_403.jpg

and heres marty

http://www.sideways-racing.com/gallery/albums/swrc/09%20Sept%20Drag%20BC%20Begley/normal_400.jpg

although thanks for the offer but id be to scundered to have my picture in the paper haha you can always put one of the supra in, ill ask phil ray for permission for his photos if you want

No worries Darragh I'll not use your mug shot LOL. I was speaking to Wayne earlier and he gave me Phil Ray's number but there's no answer. I will try him again later as he was supposed to send me pix. You don't have an email for Phil Ray do you.

I also got a PM from Mr Mick Begley looking for me to send him a pdf of the page I'm doing so I will fire that over to him when I'm done with it tomorrow.

Cheers Daz, I'll check that out, will buy the paper on Friday too :)

Edit - Found where they're from Daz, link here:

http://www.sideways-racing.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=29&page=1

Also, Marty's supra?!?! When did this arrive??

http://www.sideways-racing.com/gallery/albums/swrc/09%20Sept%20Drag%20BC%20Begley/normal_200.jpg

Edited by jim (see edit history)

Cheers Daz, I'll check that out, will buy the paper on Friday too :)

Edit - Found where they're from Daz, link here:

http://www.sideways-racing.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=29&page=1

Also, Marty's supra?!?! When did this arrive??

http://www.sideways-racing.com/gallery/albums/swrc/09%20Sept%20Drag%20BC%20Begley/normal_200.jpg

Have had it a year now Jim, just never drove it - its been on the road 2 weeks from i bought it. Just dont have the time to enjoy the toys as they say.

You missed a great days craic mindyou!