The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Increase power of Boot struts

jackso11

I am sure I read a post about this when I first joined up 4 years ago but have been searching all day and can't find it.

Basically, is there a way to increase the power of the boot lifts to make the boot lighter?

I am going to go spoiler-less for a while and realised over the weekend that I won't have anything to hold on to to lift the boot open.

Also, totally off topic, but does anyone know who has photos of 2 spoilerless black supras that look almost identical in their garage? Found them the other day and can't remember what I was looking for at the time so finding them again is proving impossible.

You'd have to replace the boot struts with another set that have a higher pressure, could probably find a set on ebay.. however, the boot will be a fair bit lighter without the spoiler so you probably won't need to!

As for lifting it, just put your fingers under where the toyota badge is and lift it from there?

Yeah I thought it would be a fair bit lighter. Guess I will just wait and see what its like.

My struts are in perfect working order, just thought there may be a way of increasing there power.

I just want enough power to launch people over my car if they sat on the boot. You reckon thats possible?