The mkiv Supra Owners Club

jspec rear caliper

Carlos T

just a quicky i've had an issue with my rear passenger caliper it's seized up, took it to the garage and they couldn't give me a price because they said there is more than one type for it, its a 93 jspec N/a but some one on here has one for sale just need to know if there are different types or will any do, had a search but couldn't find anything. i only thought there was a difference between j spec and uk but i dont know a great deal tbh. cheers

as far as I am aware - all the JSpec (small) calipers are the same on the N/A's and TT's only difference is the 1 or 2 for the rears, and 2 or 4 pot for the fronts....

:yeahthat:

I had the same problem. Just bought one 2nd hand from Keron. Will take about half an hour to change assuming the bolts come loose ok!

My disks are fine at the mo thank god, i caught it quite soon. Went for a surf down newquay (hour away) got home walked past the wheel with my shorts on and just felt the heat went and had a look and they where roasting. Never had any issues with brakes on any of the cars i've had so i'm not the most confident when it comes to fixing them but guess i've got to learn sometimes.

I had this last year and you should be fine changing it yourself as long as you're confident swinging a spanner. Just get yourself a second hand caliper.

I changed both rear pads and gave the sull system a bleed for good measure.

If you were local i'd offer you a hand but unfortunately Cornwall is a fair old drive :)

i just done mine as it was sticking and the disc was red hot .its easy just remove the two slider bolts if siezed they may take a bit of effort mole grips are best work em back and forward .i rubbed down the slider bolts with wet and dry, sprayed degreaser in the holes, stuck a rag in and cleaned all the crap out, rolled a bit of wet n dry and stuck that in there twisting it to clean em .if its the piston take out the front pad. put a bar/screwdriver in where the pad was and push the brake pedal then force it back with the bar, spray with wd whilst its forward do this a few times to free it .put it all back togther make sure the slider bars go in and out freely before bolting up .hour an half job

why buy a 2nd hand it will only do the same eventually