The mkiv Supra Owners Club

which clutch

mikerunner

The stock clutch should be able to handle BPU levels of power, but it's at it's upper limit.

Personally I would go for a Southbend DXD clutch as they have great torque ratings (700ib/ft+), feel like stock and are considerably cheaper than some overpriced jap stuff often mentioned on here.

Others will tell you to go for the HKS clutches.

BTW, when the clutch goes it's often time to get a new flywheel so factor that in too if then current one is outside of Toyota spec limits.

The stock clutch should be able to handle BPU levels of power, but it's at it's upper limit.

Personally I would go for a Southbend DXD clutch as they have great torque ratings (700ib/ft+), feel like stock and are considerably cheaper than some overpriced jap stuff often mentioned on here.

BTW, when the clutch goes it's often time to get a new flywheel so factor that in too if then current one is outside of Toyota spec limits.

couldnt agree more with homer here. i annoyed him for ages about this same situation. i decided to take the big mans advise and got a southbend clutch. its a brilliant piece of kit. i have driven so hard on it and thrashed it about everywhere! my biting point is still right at the bottom. no rattling, no shaking and no noises at all! to top it off the car drives like stock, the pedal doesnt kill you leg and through traffic its not bad as compared to those puck clutches.

also i was lucky with my flywheel but recently have seen a lot of other cars (friends) that we have changed clucthes on and the flywheels have been seriously f.u.b.a.r'd huge score marks!!!

sounds great, would you recommend this for my t61 560 bhp yen?

I've ordered a southbend. Should be here in the next day or two..... I'll keep you updated.

how long did it take to get southbend

As Above, not yet received. Ordered a while ago and the goods were sent on the 27th.

oh and how much you pay for southbend, thought they where usa based so thought shipping time be long

They are USA based. Shipping from there is usually a week or so. Same price as advertised on their site.

thats the clutch sorted what about fly wheel is it best to go for toyota original fly wheel.

I am sure a Toyota Fly wheel will do the job but a lighted Fidanza would give you some extra performance

'RPS Cyn-R-G Segmented Flywheel' got a good review on MVP Motorsports

I am sure somebody here can give you some advice

Edited by Jellybean (see edit history)