The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Wheel Newbie

TooColdToDrive

I'm running stock suspension and want 19" rims, that are black and multispoke (> 5 spokes). Those are my only requirements for new wheels. I'm having a hell of a time finding something like this which will fit a Supra arch nicely - please suggest any rims that you know that fit these requirements. I also have 1" Ichiba bolt on hubcentric spacers which I could use to alter the look.

And, what kind of offset would I be looking for? That's the most confusing part! (even after a week of trying to understand charts and graphs about offset).

Thanks - I've been looking at black TE37s for a while now, definitely one of my favorites.

Why are 19s no good? Are we talking about aesthetics, or geometry?

Arent they made to order in exactly what fitment you want so no need for spacers ?

The spacers are just an option - I use them for winter tires, and could use them for my summer ones as well. I've decided on the Rota Torque wheels in black:

http://www.rotawheels.com/wheels.asp?wheelid=45

9.5s for the rear, 8.5s for the front. Now, what offset would I need these in? Running stock suspension, stock ride height, and I do NOT want to roll my arches.

Edit: Anyone hear about Rota being crap? I'm getting told they tend to break on you... :S

The Rotas are nice, very similar to the Works wheel. I think you'd be looking at a +35 offset on those in an 18" wheel.

They are a budget rim compared to Volks etc but I know they are a popular wheel manufacturer and a few on here have Rota wheels. I've not personally heard any horror stories.

Thanks guys. I guess I'll give staggered fitment a shot, with +35 offset. Hope it works out :D

Dude, look into it a bit more than that mate, here is a little gadget that should help you understand offsets a bit better.

http://www.morfed.net/wheel-offset-calculator/

Look around this site at other members cars and find some wheels you like the look of, then ask what the offsets and widths are. Then you use the above link to compare offsets of other wheels you like. Wheel width has a bearing on where the outer rim will sit, a 8.5" width wheel with +35 offset wheel, will not sit the same as a +35 11" wheel.