The mkiv Supra Owners Club

non turbo in to turbo

Guest George89

Guest George89

Hi i am planning on buying a non turbo supra and i was wondering would it cost me a lot of more money to turn it in to a single turbo conversion rather then having a twin turbo and doing a single turbo conversion.

I have seen some single turbo kits on whifbitz but i aint too sure if thats how much its going to be for a non turbo supra.

Guest George89
Your best option is to buy a TT in the first place, or do a TT engine swap if you've already got a nice NA. Turbo'ing the NA will only get you up to around TT BPU levels anyway, and for a lot more money and hassle.

alride thanks for the advice. I will properly sell the NA when am ready to go turbo and just get a TT and do the conversion

alride thanks for the advice. I will properly sell the NA when am ready to go turbo and just get a TT and do the conversion

Why not sell the NA when you're ready and buy a single turbo Supra straight away?

I see no point in selling the NA and buying a TT just to then single it. Much more cost effective to buy one that someone has already spent the time and money building, then spend any extra money getting it to the spec you want.

You really need to budget around £10k to properly do a single turbo conversion, let someone else spend that.

Guest George89

well this is going to be my first turbo car so i aint to experienced on everything but i will look more in to it when am ready. thanks for the advice though i will keep it in mind