The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Which bov hks or blitz?

Ganty

Hi All

Im sure you have all seen this post many times before but i really cant decide on weather to get a blitz bov or the hks

ive heard the hks and like the sound but apparently its not very loud . Has anyone got a sound clip of the blitz as a havent heard this and its supposed to be louder than tha hks . Cheers :D

I had the ssqv on my skyline and was well loud but high pitched.

apparently its not as loud on the supra??

Ive got the blitz dual drive on mine and its very goo. :)

Yeah ive heard that the hks makes a very high pitch sound at higher revs and a more flutter sound at lower revs but not heard the blitz so undicided yet !:D

Found this on YouTube if this is any help...does sound pretty loud.

That's me :D It's a very old 'trumpet' Blitz BOV, they haven't been available for many years and the new ones sound nothing like it.

To be honest I loved the sound that one made, never found another like it.

I always hated the HKS SSQV I swapped it for.

Did u find the ssqv louder tho mate? I am toying with swapping my blitz for an hks but only if its louder than my blitz :)

Compared to the old Blitz the SSQV was much quieter, but the SSQV is very high pitched (Mouse Fart from then SSQV vs Bus Door from the Blitz :D )

That's me :D It's a very old 'trumpet' Blitz BOV, they haven't been available for many years and the new ones sound nothing like it.

To be honest I loved the sound that one made, never found another like it.

I always hated the HKS SSQV I swapped it for.

oh if thats the old style blitz then im even more confused now! lol . Has anyone got a sound clip of the blitz dd bov?:D

The purple insert in the HKS removed the camp noise, although it doesnt make it sound that much louder :)

Couldn't tell any real difference after swapping for the purple fin. It was slightly less chirpy, but still sounded like a mouse fart. It was only slightly less squeaky after going single, but the compressor stall overpowered it anyway :D

Couldn't tell any real difference after swapping for the purple fin. It was slightly less chirpy, but still sounded like a mouse fart. It was only slightly less squeaky after going single, but the compressor stall overpowered it anyway :D

so which would you recommend homer as you have had both bov's?:D

so which would you recommend homer as you have had both bov's?:D

You're asking the wrong person mate :D Doing it again I'd run it without a BOV (even the stock re-circ one).

Not sure what to recommend if you do want the lift off vent sound since the only one I ever liked can't be had anymore. Maybe a Bailey one? (Used by the Cosworth folks)

You're asking the wrong person mate :D Doing it again I'd run it without a BOV (even the stock re-circ one).

Not sure what to recommend if you do want the lift off vent sound since the only one I ever liked can't be had anymore. Maybe a Bailey one? (Used by the Cosworth folks)

lol!

Well looks like im gonna have to toss a coin then:shrug:

go hks...zero loss of boost as the hks piston works on a pull type so as the boost is goin towards the inlet it cant release unlike any other BOV works on a push system which means there is a change of small amount off boost being released ever so slightly!

I guess you read the sales crap then :D

It's utter bullshit by the way ;)

Id seriously recommend u hear both on supras before buying and splashing over a ton plus fitting ;)

yeah know what ya saying mate there not cheap things for what they are! done loads of searching but still cant seem to get a clip of the blitz dd though:search: