The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Methods of stopping people nicking your valve caps!

RobD

In the last few days i've had a full set of valve caps nicked not once but twice!

The set that came with the wheels was chrome ones they were on the car till yesterday, I go to work and get some from my box as the lexus rims comes with metal caps and i have alot spare, today i wake up to find them gone aswell!!!! :blink:

Without me going nazi on the thieving robbing bastards, how do other people get around this without me camping in the bush opposite with a pair of bolt cutters ready to take the robbing fingers off them?

I'm severely fekked off over this because i'm friendly with most people around here and everyone knows i adore my car!

:(

I was thinking about putting a camera up out there as it is before this happened! May have to invest!

As for the cyanide, electricity etc , I was tempted to dip the caps in dog mess (using gloves of course!) and let them nick them then! Its just finding some that wont make my car stink! :D

Has anyone used these:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/5-aluminum-locking-valve-dust-caps-alloy-wheels-tyre_W0QQitemZ130327748723QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Cars_parts_Vehicles_Wheels_tyres_trims_Valve_Caps_ET?hash=item1e5823a073&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

I had some chrome caps on my S2000. It was parked outside on the drive while my garage was being built. I was sat in my living room and saw 4 lads suddenly surround the car and bend down at all 4 corners. I got my dog and opened the door, I shouted at them and released the dog. He chased them off down the road, one of them fell over and started pleading with me and crying.

Funnily enough, them caps remained on the car to the day I sold it :D

i got some from halfords where the outsides just spin when you try and turn them. Need a special key to take them off.

Yeah that was what the ebay link was to! Think I might try a set and see if the little gits manage to nab them

On my old 'boy' cars I ended up getting the anti-theft ones that screw a little screw into the valve from threw the cap. With some pliers or a strong grip they'd probably still come undone but the little tards round my way never managed to take these.

I did end up finding out the ones responsible by telling the kids as i saw them that if i saw my caps on their bikes they'd be in trouble and that stopped them going walkies after that so it's a combination of the 2 I think lol