The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra with or without aero top?

Guest lexusv8

Guest lexusv8

Hello

I am new member and looking to purchase a Supra and just like to ask members some help / advice on which they think is the best to go for ?

Not sure if to go for the Aero Top but unsure if these cars have any problems with water leaks in the great british weather we have:Pling: or you think these problems already sorted by now?

Also for relablity reasons - Turbo or None Turbo ?

I would really appriciate any help on the above questions.

Thank you

Peter

Nottingham

You wont get a turbo aerotop unless it has been converted to one, but dont believe there to be any problems with leaks.

Thats not true you can get turbo aerotops, they are just very rare cars to find. Admittedly you can't get a UK spec TT with an aerotop but there are imports available. Peter if you are interested we are in Lincoln and are currently selling our Aerotop TT. Please see link below:

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/1207883.htm

Edited by plus1 (see edit history)

I'd love another TT Aerotop, the auto box is great, and I can live with the scuttle shake. Not many around now and they are getting on in age now, but there are still enough around to give you a choice....so it will pay you to take your time and look at several if you are prepared to travel.

If age is an issue to you, TT Aerotops stopped being made around 1995, non turbo Aerotops stopped being made around 1998.

Have a good look at the roof seals and locking bolts on any car you view...its common for an owner to lose the original locking ratchet tool for the roof, but this isnt the end of the world as an allen key can be used...just check that the locking bolts actually work. The roof can sometimes leak even if the seals look in good nick...in my experience this can be down to blocked drainage channels, again, not the end of the world and can be fixed. The seals can be replaced at the end of the day. If the rest of the car is fine, it may not be a deal breaker.

:search:the ratchets and allen keys like the originals are available from a company called F.H. BRUNDLES i used to work for the southampton branch and they had tons available. so check there should you lose yours. { their a steel stockholders but dont worry their good and they do various meshes etc should you need any }:D

I agree with above, it's all down to prefference and how long you want to wait to find the right car. My ultimate Supra would be a 6 speed big single aerotop but i settled for a black 6 speed TT hard top and I love it...when it works. I personally don't see the point of having a non turbo as it is a supra not a fast ford and I didn't like the auto box but you should try driving all of them and see for yourself as the auto box is meant to be fantastic on a supra - i just prefer doing it myself.

Thats not true you can get turbo aerotops, they are just very rare cars to find. Admittedly you can't get a UK spec TT with an aerotop but there are imports available. Peter if you are interested we are in Lincoln and are currently selling our Aerotop TT. Please see link below:

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/1207883.htm

Very true - and in all honesty, you won't find a better one than this one!

Guest lexusv8

Hello

I like to thank everyone for there kind help and advice it is much appreciated !

I have a few that i am going to look at in the next few days so i keep you updated.

Best wishes

Peter

Nottingham