The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Newbie - Single Turbo Sizing

Guest Mystical

Guest Mystical

Hi,

I have a 2JZ-GTE engine sitting in my shed that i have freshened up. Everything is standard but am going to go single turbo.

I have purchased a single turbo manifold but having problems deciding on what turbo i should use and am having trouble reading some turbo calculation graphs etc.

Any suggestions/Help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

There have been some tried & tested setups but it depends on what you want big power or great response.

A T67 is regarded as the best allrounder for a street setup (circa 600-650bhp). T71/T74 are if you require a bigger top end (650+), T61 if you want lightening response (500-500bhp). The Garret range of GT35R, GT40R etc have their rough equivalents to the above.

Guest Mystical

Im looking for a street setup vehicle, Roughly around 500 - 600bhp.

I was looking at the garrett GT35R range. I want the turbo to start coming online around 2000rpm and full boost at around 4000rpm.

How do i choose the A/R etc?