The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Newbie here

Guest puregttipower

Guest puregttipower

Hi guys i have been browsing for a while love the site, though i'd join up ;)

Im currently looking to buy a supra i have seen, its 97 P plate import, twin turbo 6 speed manual in white, has one uk owner who had it imported has got 39k on the clock, has full genuine veilside bodykit and spoiler adjustable suspension, veilside exhaust, short shift gear box triple plate clucth gauges turbo timer, 18 inch wheels, he said the car drives 100% no problems, what is it worth roughly? has got paperwork with the car and japanese docs from when it was imported

cheers :cool:

Guest puregttipower
That looks like a nice spec but the Veilside kit is the only thing that lets it down for the most - some people still like it but I would say they are very much in the minority.

Change the front bumper and you've probably got a real nice looking car.

exactley what i was thinking i dont like veilside front bumper or the side skirts, worth changing?

Sorry its a chap whose local selling it hasnt advertised it, can you guys say a rough guess what its worth, ive seen some on pistonheads and the trader for 10k? :blink:

It could be worth 10k but it's obviously totally dependent on condition, the modifications that're on the car don't add any value.

Infact fitting a veilside kit in most people's opinions would reduce it's value and for me I wouldn't touch it for that reason alone .

Im guessing its 39k miles??

Yeah lose the VS bumper and the spoiler, but skirts are quite nice in my opinion ;)

10k sounds a bit high unless its a minter but it does sound like a Manual VVTI from what your describing with low mileage so it could be worth that but its very hard to say what a car is worth without seeing the bodywork etc in pics :)

Looks clean enough to me but cant tell if its a VVTI or not cant say personally that i would give 10k for it though and the front bumper looks as if its been hit or chipped or something by looking at the marks on the right hand side as you look at it ;)

Guest puregttipower

its registerd before september its not vvti, yeh will take the bumper off, do you think £8500 worth it? done hpi check at work it has 0 previous owners and hpi clear.

Guest puregttipower
TRD spoiler is very nice especially if you got a half carbon one! I think they look great on a white car ;)

I wouldnt get too excited just yet you might go and see it and it be a complete dog but i hope its not :D

LOL cheers, i think its good price compared to other cars i have seen?