The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hi all... From Hong Kong

Guest tommyhwchan

Guest tommyhwchan

Hi all,

I'm a newbie to this forum,

I'm from Hong Kong (but used to be in UK for 14 years)

And I now own a drift spec Mkiv Supra (track only).

Maybe I'll get a road spec too later... lol

Anyway glad to meet you all.

Tommy

Guest tommyhwchan

Thanks for the very warm welcome...

I've only had this Supra not long ago, and when I bought it, it was in the following state: -

Yep, you guessed right the engine was dead and it's been sitting for a few months on jack stands. But the monster is going to be awaken within this few weeks.

At this precise moment, it's just been fully resprayed in our team color Blood Red, and this coming week is going to be engine work and ECU tuning, here is a preview.

Will be bringing updates and more photos asap.

Looking good, but I quite liked the extreme styling that it was done out in previously. :)

Whereabouts in Hong Kong are you? I've gotten to know HK quite well in the few times I've been there, and it's so easy to get around too.

I only saw two Supra's there, as I assume they are quite rare, but plenty of Honda Civics/Integras though!

Guest tommyhwchan

Hi Claire,

Yeah you're right it's a rare breed for Supra to drift, it's mainly the cost of prep'in and fix'in the car especially there's not many 2nd hand body parts around.

I still have a 200SX and it's just way cheaper to bang it back in shape. Shame really.

Hey Andrew,

Don't worry about the extreme outfit, it'll be even more extreme, once I've confirm which sponsor for the coming season and start getting the decals on... lol

Too many Honda Civic and Integras around in HK, and there was a big headline with road rage a week back.

I'm around on both island side, Central, and West Kowloon, as it's very easy to travel around in HK. I'll PM you my number if you want when you come to HK.

Hey Andrew,

Don't worry about the extreme outfit, it'll be even more extreme, once I've confirm which sponsor for the coming season and start getting the decals on... lol

Too many Honda Civic and Integras around in HK, and there was a big headline with road rage a week back.

I'm around on both island side, Central, and West Kowloon, as it's very easy to travel around in HK. I'll PM you my number if you want when you come to HK.

Yes, we had a thread on here about it. About 10-15 small hot hatches got caught out on that fast bypass into Central. I assume you meant that one?

Yes, PM your number, and we may be able to meet up when I'm next there. I won't be able to bring my car, unfortunately! ;)

Guest tommyhwchan

Just a quick post, although it might be a little off topic.

Got my new racing helmet ready for season 2009-10' (finally),

You can check out on my blog:

http://tommyhwchan.xanga.com/710909032/my-racing-helmet-for-season-2009-10/

or Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/notifications.php#/album.php?aid=151440&id=578155560

Here are some pics:

Guest tommyhwchan

Hey Wilson,

Some pics of my 200SX:

I took it to compete in the Formula D Singapore 2009 in July, I only had 1 week to do all the suspension arms and aglinment.

Shame I couldn't open up the drift angle much as I wanted, then I on the qualifying day the clutch and gearbox went, still I completed my run without 2nd gear...

Some vid for sharing:-

Tommy Practice Last

Tommy Close Call

Tommy Warm Up

Tommy In Car Cam

Bonus Clip

Edited Video

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Formula-Drift-Singapore_695172.htm

Enjoy, the full list of video you can find in my youtube listing, just search for use name: tommyhwchan

Guest tommyhwchan
Hi,

send a request to your face book, I know Patrick since uni days and we go snooker sometimes in london.

Welcome to our forum

Confirmed you on facebook la.

I met up with Patrick and Leo (used to have a Red FC3S) in Hong Kong 2 months ago, I used to drift with Leo, and met Patrick.

Hi Tommy,

Not being funny but my curiousity has got the better of me. My old TT supra, that I basically wrote off on Route Twisk, was taken away by someone that was interesting taking what was left of it and putting in on the track (Zhuhai?). I see from the enginebay photos that it was probably a black car in it's previous life also.

I'd be interested if it is in fact the old girl as I had a weekend at the Zhuhai circuit in her - summer of 2004. PM me some details from the VIN plate under the bonnet and I could confirm the rest.

Thanks and good luck with your project, I am extremely jealous. Maybe I could come and see you car when you have completed?

Dave