The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Oooh dear..... :)

JustGav

Well, after umming and aaahing...

I've finally decided to do it.... I've given the other half the NA shed for drifting. It already has been completely stripped out inside, matrix the lot.

Having a 2-way diff, plate clutch, coilovers, recaro seat and harnesses it made much more sense than building up a 200sx...

Thanks to Homer, I have a spare head and cams so I will be rebuilding a new head to go on the car. Will probably go NA-T in the long term but for now till the new BDC season starts she will be hitting the drift practice days once I've given it a fresh lick of paint from red to white. :)

So with a bit of luck there will be a supra in the BDC next year :)

Fair play! Great to see someone taking a Supra into skidding.

Maybe you can convince Ash to do the same? ;)

Hahahaha, I've been spending the last days over at his getting various bits and pieces done on the car. I can't see him skidding his P&J, god forbid he chips the CF splitter :p

Hahahaha, I've been spending the last days over at his getting various bits and pieces done on the car. I can't see him skidding his P&J, god forbid he chips the CF splitter :p

I've heard about your exploits at the 'Pod with him, fitting fire-starting turbos and the like...

I meant he should buy an NA and do it though, the TT can still be a daily driver... in fact, that gives me an idea. Supra drift team? :D

I've heard about your exploits at the 'Pod with him, fitting fire-starting turbos and the like...

I meant he should buy an NA and do it though, the TT can still be a daily driver... in fact, that gives me an idea. Supra drift team? :D

He phoned me up the other day asking if I knew what he did with his gloves.... I honestly can't say I remember, first thing on my mind was 'Where's the f*%£king fire extinguisher' :)

No, not yet? Have you done anything in the area yet?? Happy to pinch ideas :)

I've only had one go at drifting so far, so no not yet. :D I've been looking around but not found a lot of information on it..

Might see you at a future DWYB event, hoping to get over for the September one at least. :)

I've only had one go at drifting so far, so no not yet. :D I've been looking around but not found a lot of information on it..

Might see you at a future DWYB event, hoping to get over for the September one at least. :)

Just been looking at your garage, Didn't realize it was an NA, so hopefully we can swap a few notes, I've gone one step further POSSIBLY with the stripping (but I seem to remember a thread where you went nuts :), in that it pretty much has nothing behind the dash, everything other than the clocks and dash panels and seats has been removed (apart from obviously the pedals and like)

I do know that they do suffer at high RPM and full lock with popping the PS seals so may have to look at that. I remember CW mentioning about using an MR2 electric power steering setup.

I'll hopefully get the CDS for rollcage over the next few days and tacking that into place ready.

As you have mentioned extending the lock would definitely be on the list, once I get back from the BDC this weekend, I may stick the car up on stands and see whats what in that area that can adjusted/replaced.

I think you're at least one step ahead of me on the stripping front (:innocent: ). I've kept the dash, roof lining, doorcards (removed speakers), and centre glovebox for the sprint regs, heater matrix is still in there too (supposed to be very good for removing heat when drifting, so unsure about removing it - how do you defrost your windscreen?). Aircon, ABS(?) and remaining sound proofing are on the list. If I wish to sprint next year I can't do a lot more unless I install a cage.

Is your car now going to be drift-only? I've read about the steering rack being changed to that from an LS400 to aid lock (on Soarer's) but I don't want to harm the track handling..

I think you're at least one step ahead of me on the stripping front (:innocent: ). I've kept the dash, roof lining, doorcards (removed speakers), and centre glovebox for the sprint regs, heater matrix is still in there too (supposed to be very good for removing heat when drifting, so unsure about removing it - how do you defrost your windscreen?). Aircon, ABS(?) and remaining sound proofing are on the list. If I wish to sprint next year I can't do a lot more unless I install a cage.

Is your car now going to be drift-only? I've read about the steering rack being changed to that from an LS400 to aid lock (on Soarer's) but I don't want to harm the track handling..

Yeah, it will be purely drift. The aircon is out and the aircon rad is out so I should hopefully get slghtly more airflow anyway, but will be monitoring temps and that sort thing when she takes it out for it's first shakedown run.

Will look into the LS400 idea :)