The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Cambelt..

icemanv6

where from ice? i have a receipt here from previous owner of mine for a cambelt change in Feb 09.

cambelt = 79.89

labour = 40

sub total 119.89

VAT 17.98

total 137.87

This was done at the garage where the seller of the car worked though, so probably done with discount - so your charge sounds.. roughly right.

The garage / servicing section of that dealership i bought my car from doesnt exist any more though (they lost the mechanic), but as im having a lot of issues with the previous owner of the car wouldnt reccomend it anyways :p but hopefully this gives you somethign to compare against

JS2004,

quote was from japtech in Hull, they did a good price on parts and fitting of a new clutch + release bearing for me, and clutch is now very light and smooth and had new gearbox oil put in as well as told old stuff was getting a bit black all very very smooth :)

Going to get my car serviced at the same time though hopefully, been told/quoted 130 for it and then whatever on top of that for anything that needs replacing or topping up oils and filters etc.

Edited by icemanv6 (see edit history)

managed to connect positive terminal to the chassis of the car whilst trying to remove passenger side headlight to refurb it. so now the cars doing weird stuff like putting the aeriel up and down even though its off (its decided to keep it up for now) and lights flickering inside on and off - which my alarm is not too fond of and went off too. now the engine wont start, just "switches" off when i try to turn ignition. going to have to fiddle with it tomorrow to try and fix it.

will check japtech out, as i need to get some bodywork done too and possibly this electrical thing looked at by someone who knows what they are doing.

Edited by JS2004 (see edit history)

aye me too. too dark to even attempt it right now but managed to get the alarm and immobiliser to work. going to have a look tomorrow and see if i can sort it.

only happened cuz i wanted to avoid getting plast-rx on the paint whilst im trying to clean up the headlights. argh.