The mkiv Supra Owners Club

urgent help required - battery & alarm

JS2004

Hi guys,

Was just in process of removing headlight near the passenger side. the ratchet which was in contact with the screw accidently touched the battery positive, and caused some sparks.

I think its reset the car electronics or something - but now my toad sterling one alarm is making an intermittent fast beep, possibly indicating its running on reserve battery.

any one know how to fix stuff like that? cant leave it making that noise

Cheers

edit - alarm stopped beeping (not going off, just weak beeping) so we had a check.

used a meter on the battery giving 12v reading. the lights inside were flickering a little, and the door ajar beep was sounding, but very faintly. the stereo is not connected yet the aeriel decided to go up. When the car door was shut, putting the key in usually makes the green ring around ignition glow, but it seems to only dimly glow and flicker.

now that ive managed to silence the alarm and leave it with just the immobiliser ive had time to search forums - as when i originally posted alarm was going off.

Im going over exactly what i did. put the wratchet onto the uppermost bolt of the passenger side headlamp, its in an awkward way and i had an extention to help with getting the angle. was turning to loosen the screw and the metal extention part of the tool touched the positive connector on the battery causing sparks.

Could this have loosened / damaged the battery connection between the positive?

Would it have been possible to damage an earth or something doing that

possible blown fuse?

just after it happened trying to turn the ignition on ended with a click and then electrics went dead, but could retry and same result. clocks gone and reset itself too..

any ideas?

Edited by JS2004 (see edit history)