The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Back in the game!

Kirk

Ok boys and girls, was gonna wait till i got pics of her but with our weather its proving nigh impossible!

Bit of history 1st, for those who didnt know i picked up my 1st NA last november, picked it up for £1900, body wasnt the best and needed attention but mechanicaly sound! Due to insurance being biblical at the time i decided to take her off road and fix her up and have her ready for the ring. So for the next few months i pulled engine out, cleaned it up, did all the suspension etc etc. I fell ill for a few weeks early january of this year, whilst i was off i got a call off my mate saying it had been stolen along with his car and his lil lads go kart. I was absoloutly gutted :( anyway fast forward to july, went ring with the lads, went across with mike (much appriciated) had an awesome time and asoon as i got back i weighed up finances, things wernt looking good with things at work slowing down considerably. Began to wonder if a new 1 was even viable this side of christmas. Anyway i looked around and then i came across a black NA auto in the trader, rang the guy, asked him about it and told him id have it. The price...... £995 bargain of the century :D the only catch was the engine was caput but that didnt put me off.

So at weekend SUPRASH went all the way to scotland to pick her up for me as my mate let me down. I cant thank this guy enough! very sorted fella and i recommend him to anyone. thanks you mate! :). Shes a stunner. To say shes L plated and black the body is in good shape :) Stock body, 17 inch alloys, need a bit of attention but not realy bothered bout that! Few eye sores like the front grille and the rear bumper fog lamp and parking sensors but all can be fixed! 1st things 1st get her running and then convert her to manual :D

I like to also say thanks to mike (M5W) for allowing me to leave her fat ass on his drive. Good mate you are :thumbs:

Its good to be an owner once again :)

PICS COMING SOON.... also a few things to be sold!

Edited by Kirk (see edit history)

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a bargain, nice one :)

Is the oil just the cam cover gasket blowing out? It's the area they normally go in and can look a lot worse than it really is.

BTW, I am sure I've seen that car on here a few years ago, remember the start button in cig ligher space pic...

i dont know the extent of the damage just yet, all i was told is that its possibly dropped a valve on 6. Its probly worth a look inside and see whats what :)

Ah right, probably just easier to change the engine then, they can be had for £200-£250 so might well work out cheaper than a repair. Best of luck with it.