The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Garrett GT35?

Oddball87

Hi after i get my supra converted to a six speed i want to go for a single turbo i want about 600bhp a mate that is doing the work for me said to get a Garrett GT35 turbo, Xspower mainifold and wastegate are these parts any good? And what would be the best ECU to go for? thanks

Hi after i get my supra converted to a six speed i want to go for a single turbo i want about 600bhp a mate that is doing the work for me said to get a Garrett GT35 turbo, Xspower mainifold and wastegate are these parts any good? And what would be the best ECU to go for? thanks

Would tend to agree with Matt as above, its prob the top end of whats achievable with that size turbo.

May be go for a T67 if you want that bit more up top but it will not spool like a GT35. Matt what does your come on full boost at?

There have been mixed reviews of the XS power stuff, essentially you get what you pay for so if it looks cheap it usually is :D

Have a look at the Whifbitz traider section on the forum. Paul has just started selling his own turbo kit :thumbs:

I'm not 100% sure but it's somewhere before 4000rpm

I'm getting full boost at around 3600-3700rpm at the moment on mine.

Sometime I need to have a ride in a T67 or GT4088 to see the power difference. I'd like to keep a fast a spool as possible but need a frame of reference to see if the power difference is tempting :)

I'm not 100% sure but it's somewhere before 4000rpm

Ok so there is not a huge amount in it between the GT35 and T67 then as mine is full boost just after 4k. However that could be due to head work as im not sure what work has been carried out on Matts head (and I am refering to his car there :D)

I'm getting full boost at around 3600-3700rpm at the moment on mine.

Sometime I need to have a ride in a T67 or GT4088 to see the power difference. I'd like to keep a fast a spool as possible but need a frame of reference to see if the power difference is tempting :)

Thats more what I was expecting so its in the 500 revs difference region. Of course each car is going to be different.

Would imagine that would be noticable with an auto box but not so much with a 6 speed.

The 6262 Turbo is probably worth a look then - Think Jsy_Guy has recently bought one.

Good for a comfertable 600BHP while spooling as quickly as a T67 (allegedly).

That is the Turbo kit i shall be going single on at some point.

Thats more what I was expecting so its in the 500 revs difference region. Of course each car is going to be different.

Would imagine that would be noticable with an auto box but not so much with a 6 speed.

Indeed, I'm running an Auto as well as UK spec cams which probably contribute.

Still wondering how to get full boost even lower down the rev range!

The 6262 Turbo is probably worth a look then - Think Jsy_Guy has recently bought one.

Good for a comfertable 600BHP while spooling as quickly as a T67 (allegedly).

That is the Turbo kit i shall be going single on at some point.

Ive read good things about the new 6262. you refering to the Whifbitz turbo kit for when you go single

ok matt thanks for the help and i will be making the internals stronger when i get me new job i hope lol. any advice on what to go for if i get me new job money sud not be to much of a problem. and i can get the work done cheap.

Only advice would be if you do it cheap you will do it twice ;)

Offland,

If you want a really higher end spec 600bhp car then I'd love to see a GT35 mixed with strong internal components pushed up to high boost. But to run the kind of boost to reach 600bhp you will need to put some money into engine build work.

Well what boost are you looking at? Considering JamieP is running 2.0 bar on a stock engine (internals, bottom end and head) that's quite impressive. And he's not exactly.. gentle.

Looking here though http://www.lextreme.com/GT.html at a .82 AR GT35R 680HP is possible.

Tried to find the air/flow graph for the GT35R at that trim but alas I can't at the moment. Would be running something like 30-34PSI I imagine though which would be 2.0-2.35 BAR. That's a lot.

Maybe as some say the 6262 may be better for your application and put less stress on it too.

Only advice would be if you do it cheap you will do it twice ;)

:iagree: Pay cheap, pay twice.

Do a lot of research in combination of components before you part with any money. Going single opens a whole can of worms, best to make sure your engine is pretty much in good nick before going down that route (auxillaries, pumps, seals, pulleys etc) as they're going to be under a lot more stress.

Not sure if that was a question to me?

Don't think Whifbitz are sourcing the 6262 yet are they?

sorry yes it was, I sure Paul can source any precition turbo you want. Assuming the exhaust housing is the same size :)

I had a number of options whe I was ordering mine.

Good stuff. Well he will be doing the conversion eventaully. Just a matter of choosing the time to do it.

I've only done about 1k in the last year in the Supe, so little hard to justify at the mo..:D Still it's nice having it there for when i do feel like a holigan.

Back on-topic.. From my general read up on the 6262 the general concensus is that it has the Power output of a T67, but spool of a GT35R - Although i do take all claims from the US of A with a bucket of salt.

Still, will be very intrested to see how Jsy_guy (sp) gets on with his - If he has indeed got the 6262.