The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Tinting windows

jackso11

The kit doesnt seem too bad.

Only thing is you will not be able to use the tints for the passenger and drivers window as it is illegal to have less than 75% light coming through and the windows are naturally tinted.

Ref the rear section not being in strips is not an issue if you know how to apply it properly which can be quite hard.

I have used precut films before and havent really hard any major dramas with them.

Will that company ship to uk as its from the states?

I had black rears on my last supra, looked real good and I want the same look again.

As for the passenger and driver front windows, I was going to tint them ages ago and read that its not legal......but since then the amount I have seen tinted on all kinds of cars makes me think about just doing it.

It doesn't seem hard to do yourself as long as you do it properly (ie spray the window fist with water so you don't end up with massive bubbles.

I would rather pay £25 and do it myself than £150 for someone else to do the same thing.

If it was £50 a job then of course I would pay....but its not. haha.

Just wondered what the fit of these pre cut films are like. Do you end up with an edge of light? or are they cut slightly larger then the window so you can tuck it in the seals?

I have all my windows (except windscreen of course :)) tinted the same and if you see Mr Policeman just wind the windows down!;)

As ive been pulled by the VOSA before and they didnt notice until i stupidly did my passenger window up but then all they did was give me a leaflet about light transmission etc and sent me on my way :)