The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Suspension...

Lurch

Hello, Could somebody be kind enough to tell me what the length is from the middle of their alloy wheel to the arch lip on the front and back of the car pleaseee. Reason being, the supra I bought seems to have been lowered more on the front than the back...

Thank you

(Edit: I know that the discs might be the wrong way round (I bought it like it). Apparently some are supposed to be this way around..?)

I know that all car's heights will be different, but wouldn't the difference between the front and back be the same if both front and back are lowered the same?

e.g. If someone lowered there car 60mm and the front arch to the middle of the alloy measured 120cm and the back was 100cm. The difference being 20cm. If somebody lowered their car by 80mm the front would be 112cm and the rear being 92cm, the difference still being 20cm? Does that sound right?

Edited by Lurch (see edit history)

Lurch: That car's been lowered front and rear. I haven't got my stuff here to tell you what the stock ride height is, but the factory manual cites it, but measured from lower suspension pick ups I think. The discs ARE on the wrong way round :) The car will be close to its bump rubbers (inside the dampers) and will ride the bump stops in very hard cornering which is VERY bad for handling. It wants raising a bit, both ends.

Ok. Thanks for your help. I know its been lowered as it has HKS coilovers, but I think its been lowered at the front more than the back... So if anyone has the measurements from the center of the alloy to the arch lip front and back (even if its been lowered) so I can see what the difference is, I can then see if mine has been lowered at the front too much or not so that i can straighten the car up a bit so it sits level.