The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Would you just belive it

Guest cbr337

Guest cbr337

I thought i would put some petrol in the supra and on the way back a dog ran out in front of the car,well i avoided the dog luckey but mounted the kerb and took a wopping big chunk out of my alloy and bent something underneath the car (wishbone poss)And well i can poss say im a bit pissed

PS anyone know where i can get some parts and a new wheel!

wheel2.jpg

Guest cbr337

yer found the dog owner as he lives just around the corner he apoligised and that was that,ive been lookin for the wheels and at least they still make then so i can get a replacement there called drift hiro's now all ive got to do is get it on a ramp and see wots gone on the suspension, cheers im all right the dog soon bloody went it didnt even see if i was all right bloody thing lol

Guest cbr337

oh and the kerb scuffed most of the front bumper but i can live with that for now all i can see at the mo is ££££££££££££ signs:(

ive never understood why people swerve to avoids pets....a person yes but in swerving to avoid an unattended pet you could have in theory hit someone on the kerb or a car my mrs goes mental as im forever hitting pigeons and things as i wont risk other road users by swerving

ive never understood why people swerve to avoids pets....a person yes but in swerving to avoid an unattended pet you could have in theory hit someone on the kerb or a car my mrs goes mental as im forever hitting pigeons and things as i wont risk other road users by swerving

Natural reaction. Most would go to swerve. Think I probably would. I think when I was learning to drive they said your never to swerve, Just stay straight and break. :)

I know a guy who hit a dog. It ran out in front of him and he could do nothing. It was a Golden Retriever and it destroyed the bumper and lights.

The owner of the dog was there and I'm sure he got the damage fixed through the guys house insurance. I maybe wrong but if I'm not it could be something to look into. It is the owners reponsablity after all.

Guest JDMDOM

ouch, i tell you i will run it over before i get my ride mess up, but if it is biger than a dog i would do the same. but sorry to see your ride like that!

ouch, i tell you i will run it over before i get my ride mess up, but if it is biger than a dog i would do the same. but sorry to see your ride like that!

Instinct will make you swerve, I doubt you would have time to think which is going to cost less, hitting the kerb or the dog, I know which one I would rather you did if it were my dog, either way its an accident, if you really are tight for cash claim on insurance ?

Sorry to see the damage but it will mend, the dog I am sure is very grateful as is the owner :)

I know a guy who hit a dog. It ran out in front of him and he could do nothing. It was a Golden Retriever and it destroyed the bumper and lights.

The owner of the dog was there and I'm sure he got the damage fixed through the guys house insurance. I maybe wrong but if I'm not it could be something to look into. It is the owners reponsablity after all.

I think he could be right here, The dog should of been on a lead.

To be honest it would take a heartless bastards to not evan attempt to swerve if a dog ran out.

No one wants to kill an animal, and i think it would be instinctual to swerve anyways. If i were you i would be persuing ways of making the owner pay, a sorry does'nt pay bills and you don't sound flush.

I think when I was learning to drive they said your never to swerve, Just stay straight and break. :)

Was this pre ABS days :)