The mkiv Supra Owners Club

It's strange being a newbie all over again.....

Guest Lexx

Hi guys,

It's looking like the time has come to sell my beloved Zed, and find something thats gunna cost me a little less every month (HPI wise, not running costs)

I've loved MK IV Supra's for years, and have been close to purchasing on more than one occasion in the past.

I'll have circa £10k to play with.

Im hoping to get somethin that has had some mods done already and is running a higher bhp than my Zeds current 309bhp. But dont want much else done as Im more of a "built not bought" kinda guy.

Also has to be a manual.

In the meantime I'll continue to hunt around the forum and get all the info I can!

Heres a few pics of the Zed for a shameless plug. lol

Aye, they're Dotz Hanzo's.

Very much a love them or hate them.....

Ive learnt something already here!

The standard JDM TT runs 325bhp. bonus!

Hoff - Yeah, it was in JP readers car section about 2/3 months back.

Mcgoo - not sure on price of the Zed yet. Dont know whether I'll strip and sell parts first or not. It'll be a few months down the line anyway.

Nice car, I'm one of the "hate them" brigade on the wheels though I'm afraid, Dotz stuff doesn't really do it for me although that's the best attempt at pulling them off I've seen and I could get used to it. I'll come back and look at the pictures again later on and see what emotions come to mind :)

Welcome aboard though, we've had a few people wanting to swap from 350's to Supra recently, people used to go in the other direction.

Guest Deviner

Wow I'm loving that car! :)

I've a black Zed doing the same thing as you (switching to a Supra) but I don't think my one looks quite as good as yours! :)

Luckily I don't have to compete with you because I don't live in England. :p

Ive liked 350's ever since I saw a really nice convertable one at Jurgens. Ive heard you can do a turbo (or is it supercharger) conversion on them to get them to a half decent power.

Oh and welcome :thumbs:

There are a few TT kits kicking around for the DE engine (APS being the most popular) and a few Supercharger kits too.

The stock internals can take circa 400bhp, anything higher and you're talking about replacing all the internals with forged ones, and the price becomes way more than the actual car.

Very little available for the HR engine though (and thats the one in mine). Which is another reason for wanting to move on. There is very little engine wise I can do to mine. RS Tuning have in the past 3 months became the first company to be able to map a stock ECU to get more horses, but its still not great.