The mkiv Supra Owners Club

hitting rev limit at 5000 in 1st?

bodilx6

Why is this?

It is the rev limited (feels, reacts and sounds just like it). It's not a fuel cut (i run 1.2bar no probs) and not spin or anything. It only happens in 1st gear, nothing else.

I've got nooo clue where to start looking for this.

(had a small joust with a SL55 AMG yesterday. Stuck with him all the way except for the bad start, hitting the limiter...)

misfire due to dying plugs at high boost?

although you would think it would do that in other gears

No misfire. Just changed plugs to IK22 and the issue is exactly the same as my 0,7mm gapped platinums before.

Does the engine actually not go past 5000 rpm? or is it like a farty flappy kind of sound which pulls through to red line

Well, I hit the "limiter" at 5000 or maybe 5500, don't remember exactly, but it doesnt go past that, no. Its feels and sounds to me exactly as if I hit the limiter (is it 6700 rpm) in another gear.