The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Coilovers??

Hassan

Has anyone had the TEIN's long enough to experience the corrosion problems I keep hearing about?

I was once warned that you should never by the dark green teins as opposed to the lighter green teins as they had a corrosion issue. Not sure if these were direct copies as I wouldn't hagve thought Tein would licence the manufacture using sub standard materials.

3 year old tein flex on mine with edfc and I've nothing but praise for them.

Love the HSD's - very nice quality with great ride quality, not stupidly stiff for road driving like most are.

Plus I hear there's a half decent write up on how to fit them on here somewhere....

Cheers,

Brian.

Do you keep them on for the drag strip Brian? If so how do ou rate them for that?

Do you keep them on for the drag strip Brian? If so how do ou rate them for that?

Haven't tried them on the strip but don't see a problem given they arent really stiff - they still have compliance and the car can still squat on the launch. I know JamieP managed a 1.6 sec 60ft time at the strip on Coilovers known to be stiffer than the HSD's. For a road car, running the right tyres is more important at the strip IMO, you want compliance with a higher profile sidewall and a sticky compound for traction.