The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Aero top outside

danny1987

If I got a car cover would it stop it leaking, or will it cause another problem?

depends on the aerotop and the condition of seals etc, some are prone to deteriorate though? but if fitted properly and seals intact it shouldnt be a problem

dont like covers on cars...........no reason, just like i dont like pooches in handbags?!

ignore me anyway am the female half and we just gutted we had to settle for a hardtop!! :rolleyes:

yeah like my missus said , fitting properly makes a difference as opposed to quickly whipping the roof back on , careful time and patience putting in on right so a lot of the time it depends if you tighten those roof bolts in sequential order ..TIGHT ...but mine did leak a little because the roof was nipped a bit on the edge at the rear which didnt help and the seals were showing signs of wear (bought in that condition unfortunatley ) ...generally they shouldnt leak , and like Snowyowl123 says , use the vaseline trick to keep the rubber seals healthy , helps deter wear and weathering and helps lineing it up and gives a better seal when putting the roof back on .

:)

I one day hope to trade in my hard top n/a and put the cash difference towards another Aero , but a single turbo this time , would like to make it a manual transmission also , .....one can dream ! but am happy i got the best hard top for the price I paid which will more than do for now..

Edited by supra geordie
grammer ammendment (see edit history)

Halfords sell silicone/rubber seal conditioner. Its usually in the Motorbike section, in an orange or yellow can.

Spray it on all the rubber seals and leave it to soak in for a few hours, plumps all the rubber back up and fills in any cracks or splits.

Used it on my old MR2 T-Bar and it never leaked again. :)