The mkiv Supra Owners Club

HELP - clifford concept 600 'chirp' diagnosis????!

JimC

Hi guys,

I have had the supe laid up for a few weeks, and battery was dead. I charged it up fully over a couple of nights then went to get the car going this afternoon.

On connecting the battery terminals, i heard the 2 'arming chirps' follwed by a single, quiite deep tone. Usually the alarm goes off when i reconnect but it didnt!

The 2 high chirps and 1 long deep tone continued and i had no iginition at all. I then tried jumping off my dads car and still nothing! Again, the 2 chirps and 1 long deep tone continued!

I suspect the battery may be toasted, but wondered if anyone had had this problem before?:rolleyes:

Cheers guys,

Jim

The 2 high chirps and 1 long deep tone continued and i had no iginition at all. I then tried jumping off my dads car and still nothing! Again, the 2 chirps and 1 long deep tone continued!

Sorry, can you explain that a bit more. Are you saying the alarm kept chirping regardless of whether you were pushing the remote?

If so, I suspect it is the car battery thats had it and the alarm is trying to reset as it see's 12v, but then fails when the indicators flash causing the voltage to drop, and so the cycle starts again...

What's confusing though, is that you say you've tried to jump start it... Whilst connected to another car, the voltage should be stable and it 'should' be ok... It may be worth disconnecting the battery again to try to reset the alarm.

Sorry, can you explain that a bit more. Are you saying the alarm kept chirping regardless of whether you were pushing the remote?

If so, I suspect it is the car battery thats had it and the alarm is trying to reset as it see's 12v, but then fails when the indicators flash causing the voltage to drop, and so the cycle starts again...

What's confusing though, is that you say you've tried to jump start it... Whilst connected to another car, the voltage should be stable and it 'should' be ok... It may be worth disconnecting the battery again to try to reset the alarm.

Yeah thats right Matt. It kept chirping and i didnt even have the remote in my hand!

When connected to my dads car, as you said it 'should' have been fine but again i got nothing!

Im going to recharge the battery and try again. Then i will disconnect everyhting and see what happens!

BUGGER!:(