The mkiv Supra Owners Club

low BPU boost; can it be..

bodilx6

Need a bit more info really. Do you have boost gauge giving you a reading? If so, what is it? Also what are the engine mods you have carried out? Any strange behaviour/noises? Give as much info as you can and I'm sure somebody can help (not me though, it goes in one ear and out the other:D).

This is quite funny. I have EXACTLY the same "problem". Full decat WITH RR, bcc and all the BPU parts. But I don't get more than 0,9bar boost either. It should be around 1.2bar with this BPU spec even without the help of a boost controller? My Supra is even TTC mode. Atleast if you read through the BPU post in the FAQ.

anything else than :

• split vacuum line
  • blown 2nd turbo
  • VSV failure

Car is completely decatted and a 50mm RR fittet where the 2nd cat used to be.

I've been searching, just needed an assurance and clear answer since other posts can be a bit "this and that".

I'd take the RR out and have the apperture widened to 54mm (ie take 2mm off all round). All cars are slightly different and won't all boost to the same levels with BPU mods

I'd take the RR out and have the apperture widened to 54mm (ie take 2mm off all round). All cars are slightly different and won't all boost to the same levels with BPU mods

i think 50mm RR in an 2,5" exhaust you will never get more then that without a boost controller!

I'm running 54mm RR in 3" exhaust and I'm getting 1.08 bar, previously i had an 56mm RR and producing 1.2 bar, on cold days 1.3, 1.4 bar.

I've come to the same conclusion. When it got a bit colder and after tightening the different hoses we ended up with 1 bar of boost. So 2.5" + the RR must be the reason. Well, 1 bar is also good then a BC will have to add the rest :)