The mkiv Supra Owners Club

hello everyone

dan1985

HI

Well ive just gone and bought a very nice supra. the garage hadnt even put a for sale sign on it and i bought it lol. she was gorgeous!

shes a Turbo manual areotop (the one to get ive heard) i fell in love, put a deposit down and sign contracts. pick here up next week!!

all paper work seems ok (loads of it and reciepts) and the car is totally mint.... totally...

any usual problems i should look out for?

any supra owners around norfolk? mainly kings lynn area want to give me some tips and show me whats what on a supra would be very welcome! il get the round in! :)

looking forward to meeting you all, il have some pics up soon!

Dan

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HI

Well ive just gone and bought a very nice supra. the garage hadnt even put a for sale sign on it and i bought it lol. she was gorgeous!

shes a Turbo manual areotop (the one to get ive heard) i fell in love, put a deposit down and sign contracts. pick here up next week!!

all paper work seems ok (loads of it and reciepts) and the car is totally mint.... totally...

any usual problems i should look out for?

any supra owners around norfolk? mainly kings lynn area want to give me some tips and show me whats what on a supra would be very welcome! il get the round in! :)

looking forward to meeting you all, il have some pics up soon!

Dan

you need to get a spec list and engine bay pics on here fast, you don,t want a poorly converted na/t at a high price matey

its a tt but been converted to single. im going over all the paperwork monday morning so will give it a proper going over

anyone from the norfolk area that could come have a look?

This could be a HUGE lemon if you aren't careful. As JamieP said, auto was the factory option on the RHD versions. If it was a TT and converted to single, entirely possible, but if it is a 5 spd it does sound like it may be a bit of an interesting one.

Have you seen the engine bay? Out of interest does it have a intake manifold running across the top of the engine or along side on the right?

its a tt but been converted to single. im going over all the paperwork monday morning so will give it a proper going over

so you have bought a single turbo 5 speed aero top, mmmmm be careful matey

Single turbo and a w58 5 speed gearbox wont last 2 min mate.

What you want to do is get a full spec and pics and post them up here, we will try our best to give you advice on the car:)

across top gav.

im guessing, judging from the piping, the bottom one is what i want, looks tt

Then yes, it is an NA-T conversion. While they do work, implementation of them has been VERY iffy depending on who has done the work and how they have done it.

I'd personally think VERY carefully on this one. There was a member on here who had a good few hassles with his and it went through a gearbox or two if memory serves me right. It was an orange one.

this one is black.

its all been done professionally. 20k worth of reciepts.

a place near norwich that is said to be good? dont remember the name.

ow i dunno wot to do now as she was gorgeous

Does ANY of it say XS-power on it? Bromie on here had a boostlogic NA-T installed and that wasn't cheap but it was done properly.

this one is black.

its all been done professionally. 20k worth of reciepts.

a place near norwich that is said to be good? dont remember the name.

ow i dunno wot to do now as she was gorgeous

You've been sucked in by sales talk, you're much better off looking for a clean stock TT, don't let your heart rule your head :)

no...

ive heard of xs power. i wasnt any of that.

unless they do blocks in purple.

is anyone in the know from norfolk area? wana come have a look.

gav u seem to know what ur talking about, is this going to be a piece of crap?

Yeah Gav, you know about pieces of crap :p :D :rlol: Joking BTW

no...

ive heard of xs power. i wasnt any of that.

unless they do blocks in purple.

is anyone in the know from norfolk area? wana come have a look.

gav u seem to know what ur talking about, is this going to be a piece of crap?

Jamie and Jay are right as well ;), it could be a little treasure with an awesome single conversion that has been absolutely spot on... chances are it isn't though (that is the sad reality)