The mkiv Supra Owners Club

woooooow 1.2 restrictor ring

brettjones

hi all, the word for tonight is woooow i have just fitted a 1.2bar r/ring and the power gain feels immense i am on 18psi when on full boost which i think is ok for j spec turbos my fingers are still tingling :D

1.2 bar is quite a difference eh? :)

Just checking, but have you done the other BPU mods? The only thing to watch for when sizing the restrictor in warmer weather is that when it gets colder the boost will increase further.

The ideal way to do it is to set the restrictor ring size in the winter during a cold spell so you see a max 1.2 - 1.25 bar. Boost will then be around 1.0 - 1.1 bar in the summer but a BC can be used to bring it back to the normal peak.

1.2 bar is quite a difference eh? :)

Just checking, but have you done the other BPU mods? The only thing to watch for when sizing the restrictor in warmer weather is that when it gets colder the boost will increase further.

The ideal way to do it is to set the restrictor ring size in the winter during a cold spell so you see a max 1.2 - 1.25 bar. Boost will then be around 1.0 - 1.1 bar in the summer but a BC can be used to bring it back to the normal peak.

thanks for the info homer, yes i have done a full bpu and i plan on putting my 1bar r/ring back in during the winter;)

Where did you get the RR from Brett?

I seem to be running on stock boost even though my car has all other BPU mods

Me too :search:

The RR is not an exact science and the boost levels they allow will differ from car to car I believe. So, as Homer said above, you can either keep opening it up until you get the boost figure you want or fit it as it is and use a boost controller so you can adjust the boost for different air temps to avoid spikes.

I bought an "1.2 bar" RR from Envy but was only making 0.9-1 bar, so I fitted one of these and it's fine.

I have a GReddy profec B which albeit isn't plugged in at the moment, going to sort that today though, so once this is up and running would it be worth checking that the car has the correct restrictor ring before cranking up the boost?

but I take it it'd be a good idea to check the restrictor ring as I didn't own the car when the exhaust was fitted

Morning :) you woke me up and my dog :( your car makes almost 0.9bar at the mo so it really does not matter on what size restrictor ring you have. You have no cats and all other BPU mods so just get that EBC fitted and crank the boost up

Good, it's a saturday morning, no time for sleep!

I had to drop Rachael off at the train station at 8:10am so if I have to be up that early then you're not allowed to sleep either! :p

Just going to Hellfrauds now to but those plyers you were on about, going to get a ball joint remover tool too to change these knackered wheel studs, you free to give me a hand with the EBC one you've finished looking at used cars? :)

Going on a road trip to the mountains to vist the shiney one thisafternoon also, if you're interested

hi guys, ive almost comleted the bpu. I have installed an Autobhan intercooler, HKs ecu with built in FCD, & 2nd decat. I have a walbra fuel pump, blitz dsbc boost controller, and a hks ssqv as a cherry on the top.

ALL I NEED IS A JAP-SPEC TT 1st DECAT and 1.2 BAR restrictor ring. PLease let me know if any one has these or has a link,

Thanks every1

hi guys, ive almost comleted the bpu. I have installed an Autobhan intercooler, HKs ecu with built in FCD, & 2nd decat. I have a walbra fuel pump, blitz dsbc boost controller, and a hks ssqv as a cherry on the top.

ALL I NEED IS A JAP-SPEC TT 1st DECAT and 1.2 BAR restrictor ring. PLease let me know if any one has these or has a link,

Thanks every1

I have a restrictor ring.

It has a 53mm diameter hole from memory and when fitted to my car alows it to boost max around 0.9bar on my DEFI boost gauge, although defi's do attend to read 0.1bar high by all accounts.

I had two of these rings with the same hole diameter so this one is surplus to requirements.

PM me your address and ill send it you foc providing you are in the UK

I have a restrictor ring.

It has a 53mm diameter hole from memory and when fitted to my car alows it to boost max around 0.9bar on my DEFI boost gauge, although defi's do attend to read 0.1bar high by all accounts.

I had two of these rings with the same hole diameter so this one is surplus to requirements.

PM me your address and ill send it you foc providing you are in the UK

pmd