The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Possible supra owner

Guest Hellfire

Guest Hellfire

hay guys, im chris.

just looking at supras at the mo,

old cars include nissan almera:rolleyes: 3x 200sx's one of which i tuned to 350bhp in the 1.8T engine. and currently am running an import jdm integra.

if i did go down the supra route i would be looking for a manual turbo example. how much would i be looking at for something like that? anyone want a teg in PX?? lol:innocent:

well thats me, hope to be around a little bit

chris

hay guys

i'm Richie AKA ( jinxy )

i'm looking at getting my self a supra at the moo :search:

im driving a mkiv golf at the moo wots pushing around 173bhp at the moo

100% that i am after a 1993 supra but i not shore which colour to go for i'm thinking black or possibly silver ???

not sure any thoughts on this one !!

p.s is there any mager problems that i should be worried about with the model i.e problems with the turbo ect??? any info you guys have would be most helpful :sos:

Richie :confused:

p.s is there any mager problems that i should be worried about

Just your spelling:d Only messing with ya. To you both, You can find most info on this site about what to look for ect, If you get a good one it should be super reliable if you get a bad one its expensive but still proberly more reliable than say a Fiat coupe.

I drive an N/A version:rolleyes: but it has been the most reliable car Ive owned, I had Mercs, Vauxhalls and a nissan pulsar and the supra has been the best overall.

hay guys, im chris.

just looking at supras at the mo,

old cars include nissan almera:rolleyes: 3x 200sx's one of which i tuned to 350bhp in the 1.8T engine. and currently am running an import jdm integra.

if i did go down the supra route i would be looking for a manual turbo example. how much would i be looking at for something like that? anyone want a teg in PX?? lol:innocent:

well thats me, hope to be around a little bit

chris

Hi and welcome, have a look here http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=69

you can find most of the info you need to make any decisions, also have a look in the classified section, you can get a good idea on the sort of prices you're looking at for the Supra you're after.

wot are the running costs like because they are obviously going to be alot more than i'm used too driving my golf?????.

Fuel consumption isn't great, in comparison and some people are likely to find it quite heavy, to me its quite acceptable. Realistic fuel consumtion is between 15-24mpg.

Parts ARE expensive but quite easy to source via Toyota main dealers and the likes of Garagewhifbitz (within the traders section of this website). I find mine can be heavy on the front brakes.

Do not buy a Supra if you are going to try and run one on a strict budget, they need regular servicing, which isn't always cheap and turbo cars will be requiring even more TLC. In addition I'd always say, with any car expect to have monies aside for miscellaneous things like, modifications, punctures, one-off repairs etc.

hay guys

i'm Richie AKA ( jinxy )

i'm looking at getting my self a supra at the moo :search:

im driving a mkiv golf at the moo wots pushing around 173bhp at the moo

100% that i am after a 1993 supra but i not shore which colour to go for i'm thinking black or possibly silver ???

thats alot of mooing!

best thing to do is to research the marque before you make a decision. correct me if im wrong but the only thing you seem to know about mkiv's is that they were in manufacture in 1993, and that they were available in black and silver. best to decide what you want first; sz, rz, gz, aero, j-spec, uk spec... As for colour, it would be a personal choice so asking for opinions on what colour car you should buy is mental! good luck with the searching

p.s is there any mager problems that i should be worried about with the model i.e problems with the turbo ect??? any info you guys have would be most helpful :sos:

Firstly what are you after a n/a or turbo model? or are you open to both?

As for colour, this should be a second option IMO. The first thing to do is find a quality example thats worth the money, then hope its a colour that you like.

As for problems, Supra's are usually uber reliable regardless of age/miles. However they will need TLC, such as expensive servicing, consumables etc etc. Its when people start messing about with these cars and running them on restricted funds that problems start to arise.

Firstly what are you after a n/a or turbo model? or are you open to both?

i am open to both but thinking more towards the turbo model

jinxy:search:

Hi Chris. Wet finger, a reasonable twin turbo model could go for between £6k and £9k depending on price, condition, colour, etc etc. They can be had for more, and for less if you're in the right place at the right time.

i am open to both but thinking more towards the turbo model

What's your budget? If money's tight, break it down into purchase price, insurance and yearly servicing. That might decide it.

What's your budget? If money's tight, break it down into purchase price, insurance and yearly servicing. That might decide it.

wot type of prices am i looking at for an average yearly sevice this info might help me

richie :search:

my BASIC service intervals:

every 4 months

engine oil change - £70 ish for oil, £10 ish for filter

every 12 months

replace fuel filter - £35

coolant change - £40

set of tyres - £600-£1000 (obviously depending on what brand/size)

every 24 months

spark plugs - £60 ish

diff fluid - £25

transmission fluid £15

if youre doing all of this basic stuff yourself, you'll make quite a saving. not sure what garages charge lately for labour but im guessing its probably in the region of £35-£70 an hour depending on where you go. if you're not very hands on with your car, then its probably a good time to learn basic servicing. other than that, its a good idea to check things regularly; ball joints, play in wheel bearings, brake lines etc. somewhere on here there is a dowload displaying all of the recommended intervals, and what to check at what time. if obsessive though, you'll find yourself checking everything quite regularly; personally i have got to the point where i drive everywhere with the radio off and the window open so that i can listen out for suspicious noises.... some say i need a life??

my BASIC service intervals:

every 4 months

engine oil change - £70 ish for oil, £10 ish for filter

every 12 months

replace fuel filter - £35

coolant change - £40

set of tyres - £600-£1000 (obviously depending on what brand/size)

every 24 months

spark plugs - £60 ish

diff fluid - £25

transmission fluid £15

if youre doing all of this basic stuff yourself, you'll make quite a saving. not sure what garages charge lately for labour but im guessing its probably in the region of £35-£70 an hour depending on where you go. if you're not very hands on with your car, then its probably a good time to learn basic servicing. other than that, its a good idea to check things regularly; ball joints, play in wheel bearings, brake lines etc. somewhere on here there is a dowload displaying all of the recommended intervals, and what to check at what time. if obsessive though, you'll find yourself checking everything quite regularly; personally i have got to the point where i drive everywhere with the radio off and the window open so that i can listen out for suspicious noises.... some say i need a life??

cheers pezzler that is great info cheers its made me feel better:D i was expecting it to cost alot more than that so fantastic:eyebrows:

richie

Edited by jinxy (see edit history)