The mkiv Supra Owners Club

From TT To Hybrids.... A Few Thank You's To Dish Out.....

TRD-Rob

Winter 2008 i dropped my TT off at Toyota GT in Winchfield to sort the stem seals, On first inspection it appeared that my standard turbos were basically screwed, lots of play in one and a hefty crack in the other, the car was also running lean. Taking a browse through the for sale section i discovered L33 was selling a set of Hybrids at a great price, so wanting more power i decided to go along this route, although many were warning me against it!

So big thanks to L33 for my bargain hybrids that - touch wood - have been perfect so far..... :thumbs:

Next to diagnose was the stem seals,

Another big thanks to the guys at Toyota GT for giving a great level of service for a fraction of the price i was quoted from others! :thumbs:

Once the turbos were replaced and the stem seals were sorted my AFR gauge started to play up, even going up to the high 17's! So back to Toyota GT again to diagnose just what was causing this, turned out to be a dodgy sensor and some pillock that put the dump valve upside down :rolleyes: Although this took a while to figure out!

So thinking the car was all fine and dandy......... I took it for a power run at the club day with Surrey Rolling Road, thankfully Ryan was there to sit in with the car whilst on the run, only to find...

The car was deternating on boost :( On the recommendation from Ryan i bought some 650cc Sard injectors from Japan and a Emanage Ultimate ECU, thinking that this would hopefully be the end of my spending spree....

Big thanks to Homer who kindly fitted my Tein Coilovers and the injectors for me on one of his rare days off, proving to be a lifesaver money wise and i was more than feeling the pinch!

Also big thanks to Chris Wilson for flow testing my injectors in record time, i sent them out on the friday and got them back on the tuesday IIRC, top man! :thumbs:

Next Ryan came to fit the ECU, only for it to fail on the attempt at starting the car up, not a good sign :( Sent it to Fusion Motorsport (Nr SRR) to replace a chip but to no result, the ECU was more than broken and with nowhere else in the UK to send it, i was on the lookout for another 'decent' ECU.....

I then purchased a Apexi ECU of Steve (Smarty) that quite literally, saved my arse. So a big thanks to Steve! :thumbs:

Now today i spent down Toyota GT getting the spark plugs fitted and somehow managed to gain Ryan for the afternoon,

Now my car is fully mapped and ready for another power run! Very much looking forward to it, it was gutting not being able to take it to SupraPod which was what i was hoping for, but now im just glad its ready to drive properly!!

So basically a massive thanks to RyanG at 2BarTuning, Homer (Darryl) and James and the gang at Toyota GT!!

Next to go BodyWork!! (Or single):sly:

So here she is, ready to roll!

Edited by TRD-Rob (see edit history)

You have had a labour of love with that car, I know how it feels, well done for sticking with it, now enjoy it for a while before you go single, its a whole new level of expense !! :)

Cheers mate, been told im 90% on the way to going single anyway, so it may be on the cards for next year! :eyebrows:

Great to hear that 'Christine' is finally back and working like it shoud be :) It's taken a serious amount of work any money to get it where it is today!

BTW, you need to get some proper pics of the car done, the one above really doesn't show just how nice it is (or will be once the finer points on the bodywork are sorted out ;) )

You now have pretty much all the mods done to go single, just needs the kit :D Great final choice on the ECU, the PFC is a great ECU :)