The mkiv Supra Owners Club

whifbitz smic

pezzler

im still running the stock i.c, which is now 16 years old. i have no interest in having a front mount as im staying bpu, and not planning on exceeding 400bhp - and i think they look a bit bling and bit gay (awaits onslaught from 1000's of fmic'd owners). miami-gt were offering a replacement unit at £450, but im believe the company went under. chris wilson does a very good unit about £650, but will only have them made in numbers. nic was able to source oem units and the greddy "uprated" option at decent prices, but i think he has also gone off the radar. so seeing as i couldnt get one from anywhere but toyota (not cheap!) i had sort of put it on hold until i spotted that whifbitz had started selling them. has anyone bought one of these yet? or has anyone (who knows what they're on about) seen one? if so, what are your opinions on the unit? im guessing its a direct replacement with similar dimensions as the oem i.c; but will it, like the greddy, support a small single application quite comfortably. i think these questions would be better answered by paul himself, but im guessing that there will be alot of interest from other members - hence the thread. im sure its a quality bit of kit, and think that there is definately a gap in the market for a well priced smic

Edited by pezzler (see edit history)

New Product - Stock mount intercooler

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, just release this new product. Whifbitz stock mount intercooler, this is a direct replacement for the standard unit with a 2 row 50mm core. We are seeing so many of the standard units deteriotating with age so there efficiency is going out of the window. This will be more efficient than the stock unit and should be able to run a small single turbo setup.

Price is £400 + VAT and delivery.

Any questions just ask.

Thanks

Paul

there you go!

Has 1 fitted mate, in the front bumper in front of the driver :)

Thank you for that information and clarification. I wasn't taking the piss, but when I look at the through the holes/air ducts in my front bumper I see the following radiator/coolers;

Drivers side - 1 small-ish cooler (IC as informed above)

Middle - 1 large radiator

Passenger side - 1 small cooler/radiator (don't know what this is)

Thank you for that information and clarification. I wasn't taking the piss, but when I look at the through the holes/air ducts in my front bumper I see the following radiator/coolers;

Drivers side - 1 small-ish cooler (IC as informed above)

Middle - 1 large radiator

Passenger side - 1 small cooler/radiator (don't know what this is)

Did not think you were pal :)

To be honest I'd happily buy one, I doubt Paul would sell any crap to us as sites like this I assume bring him a lot of vital business so he needs to see us right. I'd like to think with his reputation, if your were not happy for a genuine reason, he'd see you right one way or another.

I'm going BPU in 2010 and will be getting ther intercooler done.

Does anyone know if I can have a FMIC from Garagewhiftbitz but;

1. retain my active aero spoiler and keep it 'active'?

2. is there an FMIC that does not require any modifications etc to be fitted?

If the 2 points above are not possible I'll be going for the SMIC from Whifbitz.

I'm going BPU in 2010 and will be getting ther intercooler done.

Does anyone know if I can have a FMIC from Garagewhiftbitz but;

1. retain my active aero spoiler and keep it 'active'?

2. is there an FMIC that does not require any modifications etc to be fitted?

If the 2 points above are not possible I'll be going for the SMIC from Whifbitz.

Its been discussed a few times on here and its always come to the conclusion that you cannot fit a FMIC whilst keeping the active spoiler working normally. You will have to remove it or have it constantly in the down position.

• 1 month later...
maybe there will be a hardpipe kit available for this soon?

HKS and Cusco do aluminium hard pipe kits to fit the stock SMIC, which replace all the stock hoses, they are not cheap, but are very good quality with proper rolled ends of the hard pipes, connectors and fittings included. Samco also do a full silicon hose kit to fit the stock SMIC.