The mkiv Supra Owners Club

HID's + Pictures

V

Just fitted my HIDs for the dipped beam and they are the absolute bollox.

:cool: :D

Unbelievable transferamtion.

VERY highly recomemmend.

4500k range.

Really white with a blue tinge. everything reflects blue now.

Fingers crossed they last now, as i know theres been a problem with a set:(

I havent fitted the full beam ones yet as the both wires are positive until you switch full beam on and then one turns negitive, so i dont know if that causes problems:conf:

I was going to do the fogs as well but these are so bright i dont think its worth it.

The full beam now doesnt make much difference at all, they are that good.

Anyone think it is better to remove the full beam centre buld reflector thingy???

Many thanks

Stephen V.

dsc02910.jpg

Standard lights on the Jap TT are rubbish. You might as well just drive by moonlight.

Stephen, I have HIDs in my supra with the original Jap plastic headlights. Your beam pattern looks better than mine. Do you have the later facelift plastic lights, or the UK ones?

James.

JamesG,

I've got a facelift.

The lights werent too bad, but werent brilliant before.

The pattern is quite evenly spread, with only a bit of an increase in intensity on the ground about 3-4 metres in front of the car where the right hand light over laps the left hand light.

If you about at any of the Suffolk/Cambs meets (if they ever happen) you can have a look.

I cant make the meet at the Roase & Crown Stanton, but will probably be at the 200SX meet at the Robin Hood the first Tuesday of each month.

I had a quick play around with the levels ect, but still got to have another play to get them just below annoying level for other motorists.:cool:

These were the ones from Whiff Bitz - are they the same as yours James.

tbourner

Have a look on his web site. theres a link in the traders area, although there are other people doing them.

Regards

Stephen V