The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Drag Strip any tips?

ClaireRZ-S

ahh dont take the p!ss maybe he's waiting for HIS boyfriend to show him how its done ;)

Surely if Matt goes down the strip, and somehow manages to pass the line at 110mph+ he might have to, for some awful reason of safety, wear,:taped: a helmet? :taped:

A helmet may damage his hairstyle, and he may be without gel, what will he do :(

Oh and Claire, just have fun, after a few runs you will get the hang of it and self teach yourself the best way of launching, you can only learn by doing

Edited by Holden1989 (see edit history)

If we could get back to the original question before Matt started talking about gay sex and hair styles I'd like to know, what exactly is the best technique for both manual and autospastic users,..... I mean newbies. Not hardened veterans that use slick racing radials, fold in their wing mirrors for less drag and have line lock.

autospastic users

:rlol:

For autos it's all about power braking. Left foot hard on brake, right foot depressing the accelerator to the rev point just before the bakes are over powered, then when the light turns green off you go. Foot to the floor for the rest of the way

:rlol:

For autos it's all about power braking. Left foot hard on brake, right foot depressing the accelerator to the rev point just before the bakes are over powered, then when the light turns green off you go. Foot to the floor for the rest of the way

And you can tell you have never drag'ed an Auto :D

Hey guys i'm going to run my car in the quarter mile in one of the shows over here. Just wondering can anyone give me any tips or anything thats done it before. How do i get a good launch? thanks :)

D'oh!

I saw the headline and thought it was some new type of girly-wax job I hadn't heard about... :innocent:

The brakes won't be over powered... :) The car will rev to a certain point and then the stall point will take over and start to heat up the fluid if you stay on them too long. Let go and hold on :)

The brakes i'm refering to are the rear one as they hold the driving wheels.

You can hold the car still on the front brakes, then overpower the rear ones (I assume that's because only 20% or whatever of the braking power goes to the rear) and wheel spin.

That's the last thing you want to do on a drag strip.

What i said was you want to hold it at the point before the rear wheels spin... Is that not the rear brakes being overpowered?