The mkiv Supra Owners Club

19 Months off the road, tommorows the big day.

DODGYDODDS

Pls bare with me:)

Well 2.5 yrs of torment and misery, i have had with my supra.

Quick intro.

Bought the car, off a reputable dealer, within 3 months clutch had started slipping, so went in to be replaced, to find that the flywheel had let go of all it's grease in the bell housing. so an rps clutch and flywheel later she was back on the rd. then 3 months after that driving home from work (possibly a little spirtied) 2nd turbo fails and i have the pleasure of the dreaded supra death whine :blink:. Pretty skint at this point so 2 months in me garage, saved up, went to the reputable dealer i bought the car off, and got some second hand turbos, had them fitted, big smiles all round, and away i went.

Only to notice an unusual ammount of smoke comming out, went to where they were fitted, and was told after replacing the turbos this can happen for a lil while. So off i go, a couple of weeks passed, smoke starts getting worse, especially on over run, i thought well turbos or vsos.

To cut a long story short drove it for a couple of months, the over run smoke started to resemble a james bond smoke machine, missfire develops:( Bad times.

So 11 months in my garage getting covered in dust, with me saving my hard earned like a trooper, i book it into a recommended garage.

After investigation, turns out the end of one of my hks iridium plugs had broke off, smashed the 5th cylinder and head, gouged down the bore, and ended up in the bottom end making pretty pattern in my crank, by this time im :rolleyes:

So 8 months in the garage ( Yes a bit of a p**s take ) A hell of alot of money, forged pistons billet rods, stage 3 hybrids new everything, i picked her up yesterday :)

And tommorow im off to my friendly mot station (no cats lol) and will finally have the pleasure of driving it again, even if it is running it in for a 1000miles.

Thanks for reading, and all i can say, i love supras, i just hope it was all worth it and now i can enjoy my car like i have never had the chance too :)

Thanks for the comments, i hope im on the upslope now.

Good luck... you might need it. Hybryds are nortorious for not lasting very long...

I know, i did get them for a top price, couldnt say no, but my aim is a single next yr, with a bit more funds, a keen eye on the exchange rate and a built motor that can handle it.

Guest Aristo babe
Thanks for the comments, i hope im on the upslope now.

I know, i did get them for a top price, couldnt say no, but my aim is a single next yr, with a bit more funds, a keen eye on the exchange rate and a built motor that can handle it.

First dibs on them when you go single :lol: