The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New washer jets fitted

AMG

I have just fitted these washer jets:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PEUGEOT-307-MIST-TYPE-WASHER-JETS-NEW-ORIGINAL-ITEMS_W0QQitemZ320281679079QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item4a924694e7&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Thought they were worth a try as mine were blocked. So far they lokk good, and seem to spray pretty well. Not tried them on the move yet but not bad for the price. Obviously not great if you have acoloured bonnet but as i have a carbon one, they suit it pretty well.

There is an olde thread on here somewhere, i think Michael started it - he swapped to Lexus misting washer jets to at least keep it in the family. No way are any Vauxhall bits going on my Supra! :blink:

They're two tiny little plastic studs, hardly anything worth being snobby about, before my Supra I owned 3 Vauxhall's consecutively

Astra SXi

Vectra 3.2 V6

Corsa VXR

Can honestly say I never had a problem with any of them.

Anyway, this is a modern Vauxhall I'm talking about, not like I'm on about using something from a Nova or Corsa B.

Do you think Toyota & Lexus MAKE washer jets?

They'll be mass produced in some factory then sold as the same product to a whole variety of car manufacturers, I don't think anyone would know the difference ;)

Of course they all make their own washer jets! ;)

I still wouldn't want any Vauxhall bits on my Supra, whether anyone otehr than me knew about it or not.

Vauxhalls are terrible cars. Granted, newer ones are generally better, but they're still bile.

Here we go, 4 years ago!

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=52723

from that thread:

Right I've upgraded :)

Following d8moa's input I opted for the later spec Lexus IS200 / IS300 jets - as he said they have a real fan effect that does a decent job of getting water onto the full width of the screen.

I haven't been out in the car as yet to test them properly but when parked up my only concern is that the jet is flat and doesn't come very high onto the screen. I'm guessing this should work out OK though, the water will move up as you drive so we'll see....

I got black ones, £10.93 each inc VAT and they slot straight in, an almost exact footprint of the standard ones and the same shape fitting. They are available in a few colours but obviously intended for Lexi. 2 day lead time from Toyota. I suspect a group buy would bring the price down by at least 10% or maybe Nic / CJ's chap can do a better price - just think of the pioneer explorer here when you are saving money, all donations welcome ;)

White (040) Chamonix White ------- 85381-53070-A0

White Pearl (062) St Lucia Pearl ------- 85381-53070-A1

Silver (1C0) Platinum Ice ------- 85381-53070-B0

Dk grey (1C6) Granite Sky ------- 85381-53070-B1

Black (202) Astral Black ------- 85381-53070-C0

Red (3P0) Scarlatti Red ------- 85381-53070-D0

Beige met (4R4) Persian Quartz ------- 85381-53070-E0

Dk green (6R4) Glenarvon Pine ------- 85381-53070-G0

Grey/blue (8N6) Antimony -------- 85381-53070-J0

Dk blue (8P4) Montrose Blue ------- 85381-53070-J1

If you want to try a breaker for these latest ones you'll need an August '03 onwards car, before then they had twin ones like ours and then later a triple version, the numbers above are all for the 'fan' ones.

Absolute doddle to fit, I just chopped my old club Toyota card in half and pushed it into the rubber at the front and back of the washer while lifting. This pushes in the plastic lugs and you can lift it out with the pipe attached. Pull a little to get more pipe (not too much!) and then pull the old nozzle off while keeping a tight hold on the pipe so it doesn't fall back into the hole. Push the new one onto the pipe and push it back into the hole with a satisfying click.

Stand back, smoke your pipe and stroke a lion.

More feedback when I drive somewhere, might not be for a few days though.

attachment.php?attachmentid=91869&d=1241168658

Reportedly they were still only ~£23 brand new in May 2009.

Edited by SteveR (see edit history)