The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Sticky tyres

ChrisB

I knwo this has probably been discussed before but wondered if there was any new tyres or some old favourites i want some sticky tyres for the drag strip as when i went yesterday every time the 2nd turbo came in the wheels span, dont want drag radials though, any suggestions? no tbothered how long they last either :)

Cheers

Chris

:hijack: oi :p

erm my best was a 12.86 bit dissapointing but for the little traction i was getting was pleased nice to break into the 12's

only one other supra ran that i know of a red one, not from here though he got a 13.8 i think he said

but i need to drive to the drag strip other wise i would get drag radials, and yeah was using the 17's

i have the goodyear's on the 19's and they are very grippy could be worth a try, was wondering if yoko's are still as good as they were for stickyness?

and ill be at elvington aswell so we can both try to beat it :D

did it get better with 285's on? i just had the 255's on mine

and i did try to get plenty of heat through them with the nice watery patch ;)

I had toyo's on before and they seemed very grippy, but maybe just becuase the car was slower then :confused:

Originally posted by Paul Laing

The next one is the 16th May, up for that?

Paul

Yeah thats when i thought it was anyway 16th gives me time to get some tyres on the wheels :D, nearly lost the car one time going up think i had a little too much boost then :innocent:

so when you get your car back now then?

Originally posted by ChrisB

did it get better with 285's on? i just had the 255's on mine

and i did try to get plenty of heat through them with the nice watery patch ;)

I had toyo's on before and they seemed very grippy, but maybe just becuase the car was slower then :confused:

TBH I ran P Zero's at 36 psi, and it didnt 'feel' much better than when I was on stockers 255's with Eagle F1's :) Then again I dont know what the hell im doing hehe.

hmmm, so what your saying is you dont know :p

No, I'd still go for the Pirellis for dry weather grip over the F1's as they are softer compound but wear quicker as a street tyre in my experience.

By not knowing what im doing, I meant driving the car ;)

sure itll be worth the wait paul :)

seen a golf at the dragway tyesterday with a massive sign on for pps

Hope so, seems like i've never been in the car this year :(

Can't wait to see what it looks like, the combination of kit hasn't been done before to a Storm Blue, if any car so we'll see. I just hope the stock bumper looks ok with the kit.....

Paul