The mkiv Supra Owners Club

removing rear discs

Kev_A

Another one of these I'm afraid :blush:

removed caliper etc. got the little hole with the grommet in down to the 6 o' clock position, got a large flat head screwdriver (8 x 150 was the largest I had) managed to find the adjuster (I think) but I can't get it to turn in any direction

Any advice?

Edit: Oops, just realised this should be in mkiv technical

I figured it out :p

The handbrake was off, after a few squirts of WD40 and a little tickle with the persuader, I then "walked" the disc off, using both hands pulling from the top, then spinning it round, pulling a little more it eventually came off.

Now it's all done :)

Brand new 317mm discs

Brand new CW FR pads

Painted black calipers with Supra decals :)

And that's it for the rear.....for now ;)

Got my eye on a pair of 2 pot calipers for the rear to pair up with the 4 pots I'm buying ;)

To finish it off I'll be fitting DO-LUCK brake lines and brake cylinder stopper then theat'll be the brakes all sorted :cool:

Edited by Kev_A (see edit history)

• 5 months later...

thought i reuse this thread... please help trying to do this before it gets dark.

just wanted to check a couple of things.

the was a pastic gromet thingie in brake disc i tryed to turn it and

just pushed inside the hub. theres no screws to hold disc inplace so should move or have some movement ?

i have used some major force trying to budge disc. there is no movement

. im scared i might damage if i use more force.

the handbrake is off have auto i have selector in N.

is this correct.

any help:scared:

if anyone can find a thread on rear j spec removal

please post i cant find any,

thanks

b

Use a small screwdriver that you can poke into the mentioned hole. It will be at 6 o clock and you need to rotate the disc to get to it. In other words you need to have the car freewheeling so make sure you are secure and level.

Once you are at 6 o clock poke the screwdriver in to rotate the little grub. An easy way to tell if you are going the right way is to count the clicks on the handbrake for it to go tight, let it off, then turn one way and see how many clicks you get after doing so. If it is less you are going the wrong way, if it is more you are going the right way. Loosen the thing right off as the pads will have created a groove in the bore of the discs and will catch on the lip as you try to remove them (one new set of brake shoes required).

Bingo bango.