The mkiv Supra Owners Club

insurance problem

rob wild

hi

i've had my supra now for about 5 months and its time to renew my insurance and my current will not renew and i car'nt find an insurance company that will. Does anybody know any insurance that will.

I'm 24 years old, 6 years no claims, no convictions or accidents. my supra is twin turbo import.

Cheers

Rob

That really is bizarre!!!

Give Admiral a shot ... I was pretty much the same as you when I insured my car (24, 5 yrs NCB, No accidents etc - Import 6-Speed TT), and they were cool with it. Well under £1000 for fully comp (around £800 or so I think?)

A lot is based on postcode though :mad:

Cheers, J

Originally posted by dangerous brain

Wonder if they have suddenly realised that they were insuring J-specs as MK3's all along and now realise they are MK4's LOL.

Closer to the truth than you think.

I had a MKIII Turbo (UK spec) insured with Tescos and changed over to my MKIV TT import. MKIII was £650 and to change over to the MKIV was an extra £100.

A year later on renewal they told me they'd made a mistake and wanted £1300.

Went to Directline and got it for £720.

Changing over to Admiral this year as they quoted me £420 for stock. With my mods + alloys and an MP50 it comes to £570.

Worth a try, go to their online quotes http://www.admiral.uk.com/

Originally posted by Andrew

Closer to the truth than you think.

I had a MKIII Turbo (UK spec) insured with Tescos and changed over to my MKIV TT import. MKIII was £650 and to change over to the MKIV was an extra £100.

A year later on renewal they told me they'd made a mistake and wanted £1300.

Went to Directline and got it for £720.

Changing over to Admiral this year as they quoted me £420 for stock. With my mods + alloys and an MP50 it comes to £570.

Worth a try, go to their online quotes http://www.admiral.uk.com/

Andrew,

That sounds like a good deal from Admiral! Do you have alot of mods?

Darren

Tesco have always come out cheapest for me if you've got no mods a little inside information for you (I work for TESCO) if you call to re-new they always quote you higher but if you go online you'll find that they treat you as a new customer so premiums come up cheaper to get you business goto Tesco they insure me on a J-spec TT but hey I get staff discount aswell !!!!!!!!!

Also try this bunch Insure supermarket not sure if they do imports but my brother just insured his Seat and saved £200 with them.

Originally posted by Darren

Andrew,

That sounds like a good deal from Admiral! Do you have alot of mods?

Darren

I have the basics, HKS Dumpvalve, Fully Decated HKS Hiper, FCD, delimiter, Turbo Timer, Alloys.

They have a very comprehensive online quote system, lists plenty on mods and conviction codes for speeding etc.

It's also one of those databases that favours the person with a vehicle reg, typed in my reg and it knew exactly what I have.

Shows my car as an RZ Twin Turbo Supra.

I also live in a high car crime area, according to that list someone posted a while back, I'm in one of the worst :(

I'm 33 with 6 years NCB.

Mine is due in July, so will post up to let people know how it goes.