The mkiv Supra Owners Club

CAR Magazine

SimonT

As some of you know my car was apart of the "Celebrating 20 years of Japanese Motoring" in CAR Magazine which has come out today :)

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/CAR-Features/Japanese-cars-18-08-09/

However, i bought a copy today and there seems to have been some mistake in some of the write up of the article as it has been said the car only has 280bhp, the UK Spec turbo's are stronger because they have ceramic blades :blink: and that the UK brakes are MORE prone to warping than the J-Spec :blink:

I think there has definitley been some confusion between the UK and J-Spec :rolleyes:

Overall i think its not a bad write up so if any of you do buy it let me know your thoughts ;)

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Officially the car did have 280bhp :) although as explained in the article it often varied quite considerably.

The turbo thing isn't right in the article though. The UK ones had steel, J spec ceramics.

It says the brakes are less prone to warping on the UK spec... which is fairly accurate.

Edited by Gaz6002
Matt H is pedantic and doesn't understand things that aren't written in as plain English as possible. (see edit history)

Officially the car did have 280bhp :) although as explained in the article it often varied quite considerably.

The turbo thing is right though.

It says the brakes are less prone to warping on the UK spec... which is fairly accurate.

As far as i knew the UK Turbos have steel blades and the J-Spec have ceramic?:blink:

The turbo thing is right though.

I think Si's point is the supra was never a 280bhp car. It was over 300bhp in both UK spec and JSPECs.

The turbo thing is wrong because the UK's have the steels.

I think Si's point is the supra was never a 280bhp car. It was over 300bhp in both UK spec and JSPECs.

The turbo thing is wrong because the UK's have the steels.

Can you read? I said it was OFFICIALLY 280bhp, which it was. Whether or not the car had more when it was delivered is another thing, which is mentioned in the article!

Can you read? I said it was OFFICIALLY 280bhp, which it was. Whether or not the car had more when it was delivered is another thing, which is mentioned in the article!

Quite fine thank you, but what has officially got to do with anything. The word 'officially' is not stated in the article, which suggests that it was 280bhp from the factory with varyings results on the dyno. But you are obviously having an English break down today Gaz. Do some reading to catch up.

*Tries not to join in*

Nah, sod it :)

Bloody hell Gaz, uber fail today on the English front.

Previously, from Matt_H:

I could read it a thosand times, but how you wrote what you did refers to the article, not what Si said.

:rlol:

If you're going to mock someone's grammar and spelling, get your own grammar and spelling up to scratch. It doesn't help that it's even in the same thread!.

I wonder how the votes on the CAR site are going?

Edited by martini (see edit history)