The mkiv Supra Owners Club

UK Spec Bonnet Scoop poll...

deathmonkey

Bonnet scoop or not... that is the question...!  

134 members have voted

1. 1. Bonnet scoop or not... that is the question...!

After seeing Lee's thread about his Supra, and Martin's suggestion for adding a bonnet scoop, I wondered what peoples opinions on the UK-spec Supra bonnet scoop are.

All the other types of bonnet vents/scoops etc aren't for me (each to their own and all that) but I am interested in the stock UK bonnet scoop as I own a J Spec.

Hm, opinions? Guessing a lot of people have added one, wonder if any UK-spec owners have removed one...? Or do the UK-Specs require one (for whatever reason.)

Ta :).

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it'd suit my car nicely and I would quite like one to be honest!

I think it can transform the look an angles nicely.

A supra with a TRD rear spoiler can get away without one... but the stock spoiler and UK bonnet scoop go very well together.

It's a yes from me.

Never liked it when I was 1st looking at supras. Now I really like them:)

Hm, I think the same thing is happening to me...

Depends on kit, wheels & colour IMO.

I like the scoop on my car, others will disagree. I don't like the scoop on other cars, again others will disagree.

What car am i voting for?

Well mine is staying stock, as I just happen to like Supra's stock. But have been thinking of a scoop. This poll wont lead me to getting one, but just wondered what peoples opinions were on it. Sorry though Scott, didn't understand the 'what car am i voting for?' bit... The poll is basically 'Yes' if you tend to like the scoop, or 'No' if you don't. Maybe I should've made it clearer. Apologies.

I think it suits black, red and white very well.

Not seen one in the green, some shades of blue yes & some no, silver no.

Just my opinion of course. I think with some colours it looks really stuck on because of the black shadowing at the mounting point.

I have a black car so i like it on my car, i don't like it on some other cars though hence why i asked what car am i voting for it to be on ;)

I think it suits black, red and white very well.

Not seen one in the green, some shades of blue yes & some no, silver no.

Just my opinion of course. I think with some colours it looks really stuck on because of the black shadowing at the mounting point.

I have a black car so i like it on my car, i don't like it on some other cars though hence why i asked what car am i voting for it to be on ;)

Ah fair enough. Well, I've been thinking about a respray as well - I just happened to take an interest in the scoop when Isaw Mr.Taylors gunmetal (favourite colour) Supra in the car magazine pics.

Its fitted to the UK cars as according to some technical MK4 pages its there to keep the # 3, 4 cylinder cool as they get quite hot. When you lift the bonnet, you see a small tunnel type thing that directs the air from the intake (hood scoop) down into the side of the engine somewhere.

IMO, if you have a TT model then why not add one if you like them....

I think the scoop gives a special touch to the front of the Supra.

Yeah, I guess you're right...

Its fitted to the UK cars as according to some technical MK4 pages its there to keep the # 3, 4 cylinder cool as they get quite hot. When you lift the bonnet, you see a small tunnel type thing that directs the air from the intake (hood scoop) down into the side of the engine somewhere.

IMO, if you have a TT model then why not add one if you like them....

Are they easy to get hold of scoops? Or is it a case of searching the ads?

I take it if you get a scoop that is not genuine Toyota, you don't get the small tunnel thing to direct the flow?

When do you think the car will be done? I'm looking forward to seeing how it ends up (obviously not as much as you!!)

Up and running by end of August dude, :D then off to paint shop, then driven down to See Paul, to fit AEM, base map, 800cc Injectors, then over to Ryan to get mapped.

Job done. :D

Cost about £150-£180 from MR-T depending what one you go to.

Cheers Scott, might have to look around then!

Up and running by end of August dude, :D then off to paint shop, then driven down to See Paul, to fit AEM, base map, 800cc Injectors, then over to Ryan to get mapped.

Job done. :D

Make it sound so easy mate! Not long now though!

If anyone has a silver Supra with a UK scoop, please reply so I can have a gander (apologies if someone has already, in a bit of a rush!) rather not search through the members garage! Cheers! :D