The mkiv Supra Owners Club

little bit offended honest answers please

L33

on another forum my car has been branded a barry boys car because of my paint and wheels.

not really has this before, and to be honest the amount of work and money ive put into my car its upset me a bit :(

the wheels and the paint are the only things that the car has had done when i bought it, and now i have the engine work and single turbo to go with it

its been on my mind all day, should i respray it, do i need new wheels. i know its what i want that matter bla bla but i just need other opinions as its made the view of my car a little grey :(

i wouldnt even know what colour to go, i love the electirc blue cars but i personally think that colour suits kitted cars, which i dont want to do.

just need some honest answers about mine please

thanks

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

just a little disheartened i spose cuz i love my car and not really had comments like that about it before. and they used the word chav :swearsign:

Well, I am sure people would call me a chav if they saw me get out of my car with a certain hoody that I own. I love the hoody, but the pattern has been described as "electric vomit" by my girlfriend.

I will admit, it sometimes makes me look like I just stole my own car, but I like it - so I don't care what other people think.

Some people love Veilside. I don't. Some people hate stock, I don't. Some people like bright orange... it's all up to you pal!

What forum was this?

what is a "barry boy" car ?

its the most abusive car website ever!

barry boys they call them self, they go round taking pick of what they call badly modified cars and all hurl as much abuse at it as they can! now that site admittedly is full of shockingly bad modified cars and chaved up cars just never thought my car would be branded in that category!

there a horrible lot on that forum and have been abusing for years!

my mates old 205 gti was on there, and they were ripping into how it had fake plastic windows, black bonnet on a white car ect but actually its had a mi16 lump in it and actually was a track car! :rolleyes:

just a little disheartened i spose cuz i love my car and not really had comments like that about it before. and they used the word chav :swearsign:

you might not be a chav, but the wheels are pretty chavvy :p, but I can't speak for everyone, I bet there are loads of people(chavs) out there that like those wheels :D

Well, I am sure people would call me a chav if they saw me get out of my car with a certain hoody that I own. I love the hoody, but the pattern has been described as "electric vomit" by my girlfriend.

I will admit, it sometimes makes me look like I just stole my own car, but I like it - so I don't care what other people think.

Some people love Veilside. I don't. Some people hate stock, I don't. Some people like bright orange... it's all up to you pal!

What forum was this?

electric vomit!! thats a great saying

it was on piston heads.

ok there not all slagging it off just a select few saying about it being chav and i should loose the barry boy paint and wheels!

In all honesty mate the wheels and colour choice wouldn't match my own, but at the end of the day it's not my car, it's yours, your choice of colour and mods is what makes you different from the rest of us and reflects your personal tastes.

Besides, with a single turbo on tap who gives a shit what the "Barry boys" think, have you seen some of the nobs on that site and the cars they drive? Quite frankly it's laughable that they feel worthy of passing judgement on your car.

Maybe they wouldn't be so quick to judge if they seen it go some! ;)

Why do you care - so long as you like it that's all that matters surely?

thats the thing usually ive never cared or thought about it, i guess now some one has pointed it out its got me thinking. guess its just disheartening knowing thats more expense and work when before i loved it but now i cant decide! RUINED MY BUBBLE :(

Stick with the colour, change the wheels, not because of what they are saying, but because they..... well lets just say they don't flatter your car :D

Shane's old Supra had a spray job like yours & with the doluck double sixes looked amazing IMHO

Got a link to this thread? :D

Stick with the colour, change the wheels, not because of what they are saying, but because they..... well lets just say they don't flatter your car :D

Shane's old Supra had a spray job like yours & with the doluck double sixes looked amazing IMHO

Got a link to this thread? :D

i wouldnt mind changin the wheels, a lot cheaper option, but not sure what would suit the paint! ive always liked the look of the jade r's. i will see what shane had, his car looked mint!

I knew it would happen when i first saw the thread go up, seen it many times on pistonheads, if im honest im not a fan of the chrome wheels or paint myself but if you like it stick with it, you are only 22 and can get away with having a lairy car for a good few years yet.:)

You either have a car to please yourself, or to please other people. Same goes for clothes, houses, holidays, et cetera, et cetera. Once you start listening to, or for, other's opinions you immediately fall into the latter category, and are, of course, open to the opinions of those with, and without, taste and breeding :)

'Nuff said. F*** 'em.

Your car is mint, although the paint isn't my taste, but I can still appreciate it.

Like I said, f*** 'em.

cheers!

i dont want this thread to look like im trying to get attention, im generally trying to get people honest opinions!

is it the style of my wheels or the fact there chrome?

what about spraying the wheels?

You either have a car to please yourself, or to please other people. Same goes for clothes, houses, holidays, et cetera, et cetera. Once you start listening to, or for, other's opinions you immediately fall into the latter category, and are, of course, open to the opinions of those with, and without, taste and breeding :)

amen?:Pling:

I knew it would happen when i first saw the thread go up, seen it many times on pistonheads, if im honest im not a fan of the chrome wheels or paint myself but if you like it stick with it, you are only 22 and can get away with having a lairy car for a good few years yet.:)

but then i could also "appear" to fall into the chav category! just dont like being judged! hense my sig about daddys car, used to drive me wild....