JAE 24-25th July 2004

millhouse

http://www.jae.org.uk

Japanese Auto-Extravaganza At Billing Aquadrome 24-25th July 2004

Map of MKIV Supra Owners Club Location

Whos going?

1. millhouse

details - added by Branners

Billing Aquadrome is home to the annual Japanese Autoextravaganza. This event runs over 2 days with mkivsupra.net attending the second day, Sunday 25th July. All makes of Japanese cars will be there, from Datsun Cherrys to Nissan Skylines to Toyota Supras. We have been allocated 120 spaces but expect more cars than this on the Sunday.

The organisers have been given the whole of Shelduck Meadow for the event, which is basically an open air car show.

A full site map can be seen here Site Map The car show is in Shelduck 2 at the top of the map, camping is in the field to the left of Shelduck 2. There is a one way system operating so please follow the signs when on site. We are at the road that crosses through the middle of Shelduck 2.

The web site for Billing itself is http://www.aquadrome.co.uk

Prices and Camping (prices are provisional, please check with Aquadrome for details)

Platinum Ticket: arrive Friday, leave Sunday - £30

Gold Ticket: arrive Friday, leave Saturday - normal £15

Silver Ticket: arrive Saturday, leave Sunday - normal £15

Bronze Ticket: Saturday only - normal £10

Copper Ticket: Sunday only - normal £10

Please note: Platinum, Gold and Silver tickets require the car to remain overnight and will not allow re-admission on the second/third day if the car has left the night before. If you are planning to visit for both days (Sat and Sun) but the car will be offsite overnight you will need to purchase two Bronze tickets.

As you can see, entrance to Billing has gone up seriously this year, its £10 per car per day.

A number of people have expressed an interest in camping on the Saturday night. There is ample camping space within Shelduck meadow and it is possible to buy a ticket to cover you for camping on both Friday and Saturday night. Once inside the Billing complex the JAE event is free for mkivsupra.net owners

Maps and Directions

Maps and Directions to Billing Aquadome (double circles on the map)

From the M1 Jcn 15 follow signs for Northampton on the A508, which turns into the A45 after going over a large flyover. Billing Aquadrome should be clearly signposted and the entrance is located just off the A45. Billing is about 4 miles from the M1.

From the A1 going south take the A605 from Peterborough, which turns into the A45 at Thrapston (A14 jcn), and follow the A45 for 35 miles all the way into Northampton where you follow the signposts as above.

Best route from the A1 heading north, would be turn off for Bedford (A603), turning just south of the Sandy roundabout, and get on the Bedford bypass (A421), heading toward the M1. Next turn off for Kempston and get on the A5314 + then join A428 to Northampton, then you should be ok as Billing is signposted about 2-3 miles before you get to Northampton

mainmap.gif

Convoy Points

Sunday 25th July Meeting Point

As in previous years we will be meeting up prior to the event and driving in as a group. As per last year, we will be meeting at the southbound services at junction 15A of the M1. We will be meeting at the services at 9.30am for a 9.45am departure. The services can be seen circled in the map above. If you are coming up the M1 from the south come off at junction 15a and instead of going into the northbound services follow the road round to the left, go underneath the M1, turn left again and keep going straight into the services. Do not head back onto the M1 southbound. When we leave at 9.45am we will be going on to the M1, going to junction 15 then heading down the A508 and then on to the A45 and on to Billing which is signposted from the M1 anyway.

There will be other initial meeting points from the south and the north detailed closer to the date.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yep, we should have about 120 spaces and Im going to either go up and verify the space myself or get somebody I trust to check it so we dont get the same problem we had last year. The organisers are charging £1 per space but the club funds can stretch to that so you just have to pay at the entrance for either a day visit or a weekend visit with camping.

Most of the Supras turn up on the Sunday, we meet out on the M1 and convoy in, 40+ Supras rolling in to Billing is a site to see.

JB

Originally posted by Paul R

Got a few ideas/questions.

1, Can we organise a beer tent?

2, will the tshirts be ready for then so we know who is who?

3, Anyone want to drive down in convoy with me?

Cheers,

paul.

Last year there was a beer tent on site, best bet is to load the car up with beer and drive it in.

Supragal may be able to comment further on the t-shirts etc.

Closer to the date we will start the convoy meet point threads so people can try and meet up.

JB

Originally posted by Branners

Last year there was a beer tent on site, best bet is to load the car up with beer and drive it in.

Supragal may be able to comment further on the t-shirts etc.

Closer to the date we will start the convoy meet point threads so people can try and meet up.

JB

I for one didnt know anything about this beer tent?? To tell you the truth I felt left out last year - I had a bog standard car and because of that no one could be bothered to talk to me! :(

Hopefully things will be different this year?

Paul.

Originally posted by Trig

This looks big :eek:

we had 110 Supras there last year, that included the mkiiis but this year the mkiiis have their own area so its just mkivs this time. So everybody keep this date free, its the one to be at.

JB

• 5 weeks later...

looks like the entry prices for Billing have seriously gone up this year. This is from the http://www.jae.org.uk web site.

We have a confirmed 120 stand spaces which are open to all BBS members so you wont need to pay the £1 stand fee, but do please add you name to the list even if you only think you might be coming, I need an idea of what to expect on the day.

Please read the below, I wont have time to handle the discounted entry tickets, and when its only a £1 to £2 saving to book in advance I would just pay on the door. Any questions on this please ask.

Dear all,

Thank you to all car clubs who have sent there club booking forms to me, by now you should of received receipts for your club stand. To date, 40 car clubs have responded which is excellent, so if you have not downloaded the JAE Brochure please do so and send off as soon as you can. Click on the link below for the brochure.

http://www.japcarclub.com/jae/media/JAE2004Brochure.pdf

The next bulletin is being finalised and will be posted shortly. In this bulletin, will be an update on the entertainment and discounted entry tickets to Billing! In the next following weeks, I will post up and send to the club event representatives the club positions at Billing...watch this space!

DISCOUNTED TICKETS

The discounted tickets are split into 5 catagories:

Platinum Ticket: arrive Friday, leave Sunday - Org rate (advanced) £28 - normal £30

Gold Ticket: arrive Friday, leave Saturday - Org rate (advanced) £14 - normal £15

Silver Ticket: arrive Saturday, leave Sunday - Org rate (advanced) £14 - normal £15

Bronze Ticket: Saturday only - Org rate (advanced) £9 - normal £10

Copper Ticket: Sunday only - Org rate (advanced) £9 - normal £10

Please note: Platinum, Gold and Silver tickets require the car to remain overnight and will not allow re-admission on the second/third day if the car has left the night before. If you are planning to visit for both days (Sat and Sun) but the car will be offsite overnight you will need to purchase two Bronze tickets.

All tickets MUST be ordered through your car club (traders can order direct from The Organisation Limited)

BEER TENT ALERT

The organisers have arranged a hooge beer tent from Friday afternoon onwards, they will be selling various alcoholic beverages and will apparently be putting evening entertainment on. The beer tent will be open until midnight and will also do 'take outs' for those of you who regard midnight to be just the start of the drinking session.

No idea on prices but its a captive (and seriously drunk) audience so you may want to bring a few beers in to the place with you as well.

JB

Originally posted by Castle

Is there any point buying there, like wheels and stuff for the car? any cheaper? (might wait till then if there is:D )

Are there many stock supra's there usually or am i gonna stick out like a very plain sore thumb?

I guess we all park together but where do u stick your tent/barbie, just in between cars or seperate:stupid:

Hark at me full of questions today:p

I'm sure there will be various convoys from different parts of the country, thats what I'm counting on anyway. Then I'm gonna turn up and see what everyone else is doing...

• 3 weeks later...

I was going to post saying I'm not going to make it cause of the cost... but then I saw the mention of a beer tent and barbie and that won me over! :D

millhouse, you fancy a convoy up on the Friday evening?

Just hope the staff/marshall's know what space we have been allocated this year:D :D :D

Might not be in the Soop this year as it's in for a re-spray and it looks very unlikely that it will be ready in time:(

So it's Barney minus Soop!!

Hi,

Can we meet up just outside billing and all go in together?

Last year people were supposed to meet in the services but only about 5 of us waited!!

Paul.

There will of course be the usual convoy in on the Sunday morning, more details closer to the date but we normally meet at J15a of the M1 and drive in from there as a group of about 40 supras.

JB

Originally posted by Branners

There will of course be the usual convoy in on the Sunday morning, more details closer to the date but we normally meet at J15a of the M1 and drive in from there as a group of about 40 supras.

JB

i missed this last year :eek:

i got up late with a bad head after drinking for 16 hours on saturday :D

site map, do bear in mind this is upside down from all the normal views we see of Billing, so the entrance is top right of the picture.

I have also edited Millhouse's post on the first page with lots more info (hope thats okay Millhouse)

JB

image1.jpg

provisional beer tent prices

Lager: £2.30 pint

Bitter £2.20 pint

Alcopops £2.30

Wine £1.60 (125ml)

As well as take-out bottles and cans there wil be a full bar service including draught ales. The list of available beers is as you would expect in a normal bar and includes beers, lagers, guiness as well as all the usual shorts - whisky, vodka, brandy etc.etc.

So a reasonable price for southerners, an horrific shock for the northerners.

JB

Hi,

I'll ask again as no one took any notice last time! :twak:

Are we going to have a designated camping area this time?? Like I said before, it would be good to keep everyone together for drinking/bbq's etc.

Branners mentioned that tents have to be moved by 9am....theres no way I'm gonna put my tent up and take it down every night/morning as it takes about 30 mins to an hour to put up. Theres not a lot of point of people with marquees putting them up in the stand either is there?? again we need a designated camping area!!

So...............

Paul.

AFAIK if you wanna leave the tents up dont pitch in the mkiv area, i don't wanna be taking the tent down really if the supes there cos it means it'll all have to go in the supe and that'll look bad.

i'd imagine we might end up splitting into 2 groups- those in teh mkiv area and those who rock up and pitch in teh general area- would be nice to keep it together though, at worst in 2 groups

if you look at this map MAP you will see 2 huge camping areas over to the right of the map, you can pitch your tents in there and leave them there all weekend. We had problems last year when we rolled in at 10am and tents were still in the way on the club stand. Gazeebos are okay on the club stand so long as they are sensibly placed.

JB

• 2 weeks later...

just to clarify, we (the club) have paid for the stand space for mkivsupra.net members. That was £1 per car.

You will however have to pay to get in to Billing which is £9 per car per day now (50% increase over last year at least). The club has NOT paid for that bit so you will be asked for money at the gate but wont be asked for money when you come on to the stand.

Im looking at the stand layout this week as we have a 100m long space and we need to make sure that all the cars are shown off to our best ability.

JB

It cost me £10 today John! I went to a mini meet, what a rip off.

Anyhoo, anyone travelling up the A428 might wanna watch out around Billing, they seem to have installed sets of Specs cameras around that area. :(